Chapter 6 - The Shards

Rhodolite stared as Garnet reemerged from the door she had entered an hour after she had first gone inside. Rhodolite gripped the bars around her prison angrily.

"Garnet!" she screamed. "What is wrong with you!?"

Garnet just stared at her. After a few minutes of tense silence, Garnet spoke. "It's your turn, Spinel."

"Wha-?" Rhodolite gasped. Garnet lifted her hands into the air and her gemstones illuminated. The bars of the prison disappeared. Garnet went to grab Rhodolite by the neck, but Rhodolite was ready. She immediately stretched out and swung her body around Garnet.

Garnet summoned her gauntlets and whipped around, attempting to throw a few punches at Rhodolite. Rhodolite skillfully bent her body around each one and then summoned her shield out, throwing it forward. It hit Garnet in the face and Garnet's visor fell to the floor. Garnet's three eyes stared back at Rhodolite with fury and... sadness?

Garnet let out a scream and flung herself at Rhodolite. Rhodolite quickly slinkied out of the way and then shot her arms out, wrapping them tightly around Garnet. Garnet struggled to break free from them.

"Garnet!" Rhodolite cried, tears forming in her eyes. "Why are you doing this!? What's going on!?"

"Rhodolite!" Garnet hissed, still struggling to break free. "I need Spinel!"

"What is wrong with you!?" Rhodolite shrieked.

"Rhodolite... let... GO!" Garnet screamed, finally breaking from Rhodolite's grip. Garnet spun around quickly and threw a punch, hitting Rhodolite square in the face. Rhodolite fell backwards and hit the floor. Garnet leaped at her but Rhodolite rolled out of the way.

Rhodolite's eyes landed on the large metal door that Garnet had entered. Maybe it was a way out! Rhodolite rushed for the door. Garnet attempted to leap in front of her, but Rhodolite was able to slide underneath her and reach the door. She swung it open and then her heart stopped.

Pearl was tied up around an enormous metal machine that puffed out smoke and smog. There was a metal fist attached to the machine pumping in and out of Pearl's poop-chute. The butt cheeks were inflated and vibrating as Pearl cried in pain.

"Pearl!" Rhodolite screeched. Garnet then slammed her fist into Rhodolite's back, sending her flying. She hit her head on the machine and slid to the floor in pain. 

"OH GOD IT HURTS HELP ME!" Pearl was screaming while crying. 

"Rhodolite, stop," Garnet spat. Rhodolite struggled to her feet.

"I'll never stop fighting to save my friends," Rhodolite huffed. 

"Neither will I," Garnet said. Garnet summoned her gauntlets and leaped at Rhodolite, her hand outstretched to grab her gemstone. As Garnet flew forward toward her, Rhodolite summoned her electric scythe and bent over to the side, swinging the scythe. It cut straight through Garnet's body, sending two halves of her falling through the air as she cried out in pain. Rhodolite's eyes teared up and she stared at the two halves of Garnet falling to the floor past her scythe.

As the split body of Garnet crashed down, she burst into smoke. Her two gemstones clanked to the ground, but immediately lit up and reformed into Ruby and Sapphire. Reluctantly, Rhodolite forced herself to swing the scythe forward and cut Ruby in half. Ruby poofed. Sapphire backed up with her arms held up in front of her.

"Rhodolite, please," Sapphire pleaded.

Rhodolite gripped her scythe. "Why is this happening?" she hissed.

"I.. I..." Sapphire stuttered, shaking and starting to freeze up. "Rhodolite, please. This has to happen."

Rhodolite turned and looked at Pearl as she shrieked in pain as the metal fist pounded up between her bloated and red cheeks. "This!?" Rhodolite spat.

"Rhodolite," Sapphire began to say.

"I gave you a chance, Sapphire," Rhodolite struggled to say, her arms shaking. "I'm sorry." Rhodolite swung her scythe through Sapphire, cutting her form in half. Sapphire let out a scream of pain before poofing, her gemstone falling to the ground beside Ruby's.

"Rhodolite, help me!" Pearl screeched. Rhodolite looked around frantically and saw a large, red switch. She rushed over to it and flipped it down. The machine stopped blowing smoke and came to a stop. Pearl was untied and her abused body fell to the ground, poofing immediately as it hit the floor.

Rhodolite picked up Pearl's gemstone delicately, and held it in her hands. Then, she picked up Ruby and Sapphire's gemstones and bubbled them. Rhodolite breathed heavily and glanced around, unable to understand what was going on. She stared at the machine shakily. 

Rhodolite walked back out the door and then remembered the smaller one across the room. What horrors could be in that one? Rhodolite had to find out. She walked over to the door and braced herself before opening it. She shrieked in horror.

It opened up into just a small closet-sized space. But inside floated a reddish pink bubble.

Inside were the shards of the shattered Pink Diamond.