Chapter 14 - Revealed

Rhodolite and Pearl stared at the three Diamonds standing across the room from them. "Steven!" White Diamond greeted. "Or.. uh, Rhodolite. How nice of you to drop in. Are you here to help complete the process?"

"T- the process?" Rhodolite choked out. Then, she glanced to the side and saw Garnet walking up beside the Diamonds.

"Here are Greg's and Amethyst's shards," Garnet, stated, handing the bubble to Blue Diamond.

"Perfect," Blue Diamond sighed, relieved. She looked up at Rhodolite and Pearl. "Are you all ready? We have all we need now."

"What's going on?" Rhodolite asked. 

"You don't know?" Yellow Diamond asked, raising an eyebrow. "I would've expected Garnet to tell you all. I thought you were going along with everything." Garnet tensed.

"I don't know what's going on," Rhodolite hissed. "What are you guys doing? What's that machine?"

"We're bringing Pink Diamond back to life!" White Diamond announced, spreading her arms wide and glowing bright white. An ominous aura filled the room. Rhodolite stared at White.

"What!?" Rhodolite spat. "No! Why would you do that!?" White Diamond looked taken aback.

"You shattered Pink Diamond," White Diamond grumbled, suddenly seeming aggressive. "We've done plenty of research, and we've found a way using our power to bring back our precious little Pink."

"You can't do that!" Rhodolite hissed. "I shattered her for a reason! She was a horrible person who only lived her life to vore people!"

"Do not speak that way about our Diamond," Yellow grunted, narrowing her eyes.

"This is why I didn't tell you," Garnet sighed quietly. "I tried to protect you."

Rhodolite was furious. She stepped forward and pointed at the Diamonds. "Stop this now!" she shouted in rage. "Pink Diamond was an awful person! She tortured Spinel; she only gave birth to Steven so he could vore her! She deserved to die!" 

"Do not speak about our starlight like that," White hissed, now stepping forward a bit and towering over Rhodolite. Rhodolite felt her confidence drop as the Diamond glared down on her. 

"We loved her," mourned Blue, a tear falling down her cheek.

"You... you never cared about me, did you?" Rhodolite choked out, remembering what Pearl had said. "You only respected me because I had Pink's gem..."

"Well, that was true at first," Yellow Diamond admitted. "But over time with our changed ways, we realized this is a better way to live."

"However, we are still the Diamonds," White Diamond interrupted, her gaze intense. "Pink Diamond's life is more important than yours, Steven. Now we've found a way to bring her back and you can stay alive as Rhodolite as well!"

"I don't want Pink alive!" Rhodolite cried in anger. "I hate her!"

White Diamond stared at Rhodolite, not saying anything. Her eyes burned and she bore deep into Rhodolite's soul. Rhodolite felt a shiver run through her.

"Let's go," Pearl whispered to Rhodolite, putting her hand on her shoulder. Rhodolite could feel her shaking.

"You're not going anywhere," White Diamond said, still staring intensely at Rhodolite without even blinking. The door to White's room slammed shut. Rhodolite gasped in horror. They were in trouble now. Maybe Garnet was right... maybe Rhodolite shouldn't have said anything. But she didn't want Pink to exist again either. 

"We're going to do this the easy way or the hard way," White Diamond spat, her gem beginning to glow. "Give us Spinel."

"What's your plan, anyway?" Rhodolite asked, holding Pearl's hand for comfort. She felt dread seeping through her staring at the angry Diamonds. "What does all of this have to do with bringing Pink back?"

"Well, we might as well tell them so they know what's happening, if Garnet hasn't," Blue said.

"We've researched Pink's shards and the power behind them," Yellow explained. "We know how to bring her back. Her powers have always been linked to emotion, and bringing her back does as well. Here's the run down: We've got twelve shards. We are using this machine to put the souls of important figures in Pink Diamond's life inside each of them: Her love, Greg Universe, her Crystal Gem friends, Amethyst, Ruby, and Sapphire, her first Pearl, her friend she had to poof, Bismuth, her enemy, Jasper, and a Pebble who she lived with in her room, which leaves four shards left. Three of them we, the Diamonds, will enter, and the fourth we need her playmate, Spinel."

"What about me!?" Pearl hissed. "I was her most important friend!" Rhodolite didn't think this was the time to be offended. 

"You were," Yellow agreed. "Which is why you get the most important role." Pearl tensed and stepped backwards. "We all know Pink had some... disgusting... activities that defined her life," Yellow admitted. "Like voring and.. farting. Once all of the shards are filled with the souls of those from her life, we must put the shattered bits together and feed them to you Pearl, like how she ate the fake shards to fake her shattering. Then, you must fart them out, which will combine the shards and Pink Diamond will be brought back to life."

Rhodolite and Pearl stared in horror and confusion. "Why'd you brutalize my butt?" Pearl asked.

"We had to make sure the hole was wide so the gem could come through," Yellow explained. "And don't worry, everyone can be put back into their gemstones once we're done." Pearl and Rhodolite stared at her. What the hell was happening?

"Now, starlight," White said, her voice and figure menacing. "Give us Spinel. And Pearl, come over here."

"I don't want Pink to come back," Rhodolite spat. "Stop this! You need consent before you can abduct souls!"

"No I don't," White hissed. "I will ask only one more time. Give us Spinel."

"No," Rhodolite declared.

"Fine," White Diamond spat. She pointed her finger forward and a bright white light shot out of it. It hit Rhodolite and she collapsed backwards.

"Rhodi!" Pearl and Garnet shrieked in horror at the same time. Rhodolite cried out in pain as white lines coursed through her form. She began shaking uncontrollably before poofing.