| 43 |

AN AFFAIR? AN affair? I couldn't stand hearing these things, Was this true? Was Josh actually having an affair? "How do you know?" I ask putting up a brave front.

I wasn't letting them see me like this.

"Me and your father were in the plaza, and we saw Josh having a lunch with a girl, and she kissed him," My mom spoke.

Kissed?

"Mom, you don't know what you're talking about!" Lucas yelled.

Wait, why was Lucas so fine with this. He is usually more angrier in these situations than me.

I turned around and walked, Jenna came running beside me but Lucas held her back, so Josh could come talk to me alone.

Like hell I'm talking to him.

"Nessa!" I don't turn.

I try getting in my car but his hand slaps down the door. "Nessa wait!" He yells but I don't turn.

"Please, Nessa listen to me," he says.

Oh fuck no.

I don't usually swear but like hell I'm listening to him. I've allowed him to hurt me too many times, and this time I'm done with this 'relationship'.

He turns me fast and holds my waist. "Nessa please—"'

"Honestly, what can be your excuse? Sorry? Sorry that you accidentally sat down at the same table, sorry that you had lunch with her? Sorry your lips fell on her? Then somehow continue to just sit there!"

He huffs— not like the wolf— but I don't let him speak. "I'm sorry you're the victim in this crisis Josh," I say sarcastically.

"Ness hold on, just listen to me!" He yells and I finally match his eyes. I tried walking away, but he grips my waist. "I didn't kiss her—"

"What she—"

"No she didn't fall on my lips, I'm being serious right now," I tried hiding how I felt with jokes, but honestly I couldn't hold in the tears at this point. I could hear Lucas yelling at my parents, but I didn't know why.

It's not like they were at fault. It was Josh's doing, and for some reason... Luke was supporting him. "Why'd you do it Josh," I whisper with a cracky voice.

I'd think he didn't hear me, but he did, and noticed the tear that fell down my cheek. "I didn't, please Ness, just let me explain,"

"But that's the thing," a tear falls down. "You explained last time, when Stacey did stuff, and now you want to explain, I'm done with listening."

I quickly get away from his grasp and walk to the family car meant for the beach house and pull out the key that all four members of the family have, and drive off.

I drive to my apartment that I used to live in before moving in with Josh. I go in straight to my kitchen and grab something I always have.

Ice cream.

I grab many that I can store in a mini fridge in my room and grab a spoon.

Honestly was I overreacting?

No, I mean I can't be...

I throw the thought away and focus on something that would bring my mood up. Vampire Diaries.

I go to the part where Klaus enters and I turn it on.

You know it's a sad day when you eat two tubs of ice cream and still have 13 waiting.

Plus Aunt Jenna dies in a human sacrifice.

All in all, it's a sad day.

I don't know when.. but I closed my eyes and fell asleep. Next thing I know, Jenna is there tapping me, worry all over her eyes.

"Ness! Please! Wake up!" She yells tears in her eyes.

"Dude what's wrong?" I ask stunning her as I get up.

"Shit I thought you died!" She yelled wiping her tears.

"Really?" I laugh and she slaps me, sitting beside me.

"Why would I be dead Jen?" I ask trying to control my laughter. "I thought you might be drinking your sorrows away," she says and we both erupt into laughter.

She instantly hugged me and I snuggled into her. "I'm so sorry Ness, but he has an explana—"

"Please tell me you didn't come here to defend him. Just stay here with me," I say and she nods.

"Of course," she smiles.

"WAIT NESSA! TURN OFF THE TV!" She yells shielding her eyes.

"What? Why!" I shriek getting scared.

"I haven't seen this part yet, WAIT WHY IS JENNA DYING! wait... I'm Jenna!" She hyperventilates and I laugh.

"Am I dying?" She asks, dramatically looking at her hands.

"Yup, and shifting into a wolf," I smile and she hits me with a pillow.

"Oh I love how nice you are when I'm dying," she spoke sarcastically.

"Don't mention it," I say smiling back to her.

For the rest of the time, we watch and laugh at the random parts. It was the best way to get my mind off of things.
-
-
1 WEEK LATER
-
-
LUCAS BARRETT POV
-
-
It had been a week since our parents sprung the news. Was I shocked? No.

I knew this.. all of it.

A couple weeks ago, Josh came to me, angry as fuck and nervous, and when I asked why, he hyperventilated.

He told me that some bitch named Marie kissed her when he invited her to lunch. I was suspicious when he told me how he invited her, but he told me his reasons.

He told me it was one of his fuck buddies before marrying Ness, and he ended it as soon as they got engaged. Then she wouldn't stop texting him, even came to his house a couple times!

But luckily Nessa was never there.

Then he called her for lunch to tell her to shut the fuck up or he would drop a law suit, but when he was going, she kissed him. He pushed her away as soon as it happened, but my parents failed to read into the whole story.

Truth be told, I'd be so pissed at what my parents would've said, but Josh came to me and told me the truth, and I trust him completely.

Now, he was a drunk who wouldn't go to work. Who wouldn't leave his house, who wouldn't answer my calls. Or anyone's.

I've been to his house and each time, he got worse. And the only thing that could get him up, Nessa, didn't want to see him.

I've not tried to push her too much about this, but it was time. He would get really bad if she didn't go to him or hear him out.

But with her level of stubbornness, she would never.

I've tried, and it isn't working.

I explained the situation to our parents and they immediately regretted doing something so stupid. My mom cried, she wouldn't stop blaming herself for this... which I mean, she did do it, but I couldn't let her feel it was her fault.

Even thought it kinda was

I told Jenna on the day when she got mad at me for not reacting or 'punching' Josh like she would've liked me to.

I didn't know what to do.. not anymore.

••a/n••

Two chapters today because I'm bored in quarantine..

Can you guys recommend any movies on Netflix. Honestly I've seen so many of them... but recommendations would be highly appreciated, tyyyy

You already know the drill... Vote. Comment. Follow.

Luv ya ;)
~ dwightkshrutefr

|NOT EDITED|