| 10 |

"Bye Ness," Luke says as he leaves my room. I give him a quick hug and get back to bed. It was currently four o'clock in the morning and Luke and my parents had to go for 5 days. I still had three hours till I have to get up for school.

I had the house to myself for five whole days. And you know what that means. Blasting music and run around the house as I sing along to the music. Lucas also dropped the truth bomb on me that Josh would ask me out today, so it wouldn't be the worst day after all.

I grab my keys and head out of my house after I get dressed. I wore a white crop top, but you couldn't see much skin because I had loose, high waisted, ripped denim jeans. As I go out with my backpack slung on a shoulder, I see someone's car in my driveway.

"Hey," Josh said as he got out of his car.

"Hey? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well Lucas said you might need a ride these next five days, and nobody wants you to die because of your driving skills, so I thought I'd offer.

"Ugh, Fine, only because I don't want to die because of my driving either," I say causing him to laugh.

The whole ride there, we talked about everything except the big thing. So was this all for no reason? Is he just not going to ask me out?

God Nessa snap out of it, your sounding pathetic.

Once we finally arrive, we head our separate ways to our different classes.

"Soo, hows it with Josh?" Jenna asks as we take our books from our locker.

"He isn't going to ask me," I say and she laughs.

"Just wait, you'll be surprised," she says.

"Wait! You know something!" I say and she stops smiling.

"No- uh- what do you mean?" She stutters as she speaks.

"I know you know something so spill it!" I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Look we have gym now so can we just go there," she says grabbing her gym bag.

"Fine, whatever you say," I say smirking.

My day suddenly got better, and after school, something would've probably happened.

{after gym}

"Hey, So you ever gonna tell me?" I ask Jenna.

We both grab our towels and head into the showers, after gym class.

"Ugh hurry up, Nessa! We are gonna get late for lunch, and I wanna go to Chipotle!" Jenna yells.

"How bout you go to your locker to get your car ready, and I'll meet you by our lockers." I yell from inside the shower.

As I finally stop, I grab my towel and wrap it around me.

As I go on to grab my clothes, I see they aren't there. What the hell! At this point, I was absolutely freaking out! God what the hell was going on, who took my clothes!

I hear fainted laughter in the change room. I make eye contact and see it's Stacy.

"Stacy, is there anyone outside in the halls?" I ask and smiles.

"No Nessa, why did someone take your clothes," she says laughing.

Oh my god! It was her! How could she, What the hell was her problem.

As I try to calm down, I remember her saying there was no one in the hall, so I thought I could quickly grab my extra clothes from my locker.

As I leave the change room, holding on to my towel tightly, I see a massive group of people in a clump.

Before I could run back inside, I hear Stacy yell. "Look it's Janessa Barrett, in a towel running around school.

Everybody started turning around and looking at me. Laughter was loud and everyone started pointing. Taking pictures was something else they did but I couldn't think about that. Tears flow down my cheek and I try to move but I feel stuck with embarrassment.

I get pulled in to the change room by Jenna, hiding me from everyone.

"Nessa, I'm so sorry," she says as I cry in her shoulder.

"Why does she hate me Jenna?" I ask and Jenna doesn't answer.

Instead, she just holds me. That's all I needed right now, so I don't beg her for an answer.

As I hear people leaving, someone enters the change room.

"Get out, oh wait.. it's you," Jenna says.

I lift my head up to see Josh. "I'm gonna get your clothes from your locker." Jenna says and I nod.

"Hey," he says pulling me in for a hug. "Ness, I'm so sorry she did that," he says.

Before I know it, Jenna is back with my clothes and I quickly change. At this point it was only me and Josh in the room.

"Ness, talk to me," he says and I hug him. My hands wrap around his neck and he grabs my waist.

"Why does she hate me?" I ask Josh as we stay in the same position.

"I- I don't know," he stutters. Why did he sound so nervous.

"Look, break ends in five minutes, how bout we go outside to get ready for our next class?" He asks and I nod.

I had to face people some time or the other.

The rest of the day continues, the laughter died down as people didn't seem to care anymore. But every time people tried to forget, Stacy brought it up again.

Why was she doing this to me? Was this because of Josh? We hadn't faced each other much in a long time. We barely ever talked unless it was to argue over small things. So what was this about?

She was quickly yet slowly tearing me apart.

••a/n••

How do you feel about Stacey after that?

Q.O.T.D. ~ When's your guys' birthdays.

Vote and Comment!

Luv ya ;)
~dwightkshrutefr