| 32 |

I WOKE UP IN a room I was not familiar with. In front of me, was the door to a bathroom and a closed closet.

I felt arms wrapped around my waist and realized— it's Josh!

Why was I in his arms? Why wasn't I with Jenna? Did we do something last night? What the hell was going!

I tried moving away from Josh but his grip on my waist only got tighter. "Sleep," he mumbled under his breath.

I gave in and turned around so I got look at him. His arms were still wrapped around my waist as I saw his messy hair come down on his eyes.

He then pulled me closer causing his head to immediately go in the crook of my neck. I loved him holding me. It felt so safe— yet my heart was beating like crazy.

He feel asleep again so I took that as a chance to get out. He obviously kept on holding me tighter, but after a while, he was so deep in his sleep, I slid out.

I went to my room and put on a sweater that came down a little above and knees. And then I slid on shorts that were covered by the large sweater.

I got in the kitchen and made myself an omelette— they only thing I could master. I turned on the tv and watched from the kitchen and I ate there.

Soon Josh came out smiling at me me and running his hands through his hair. I couldn't stop the blush that came towards me, but I tried hiding it by facing the stove.

"Do you want some?" I ask sobering up from my red cheeks.

"Yeah, thanks," he says taking a seat on the counter.

It was very awkward between us, we didn't talk but I noticed Josh staring at me the whole time.

"So, What happened last night? Last I could remember was me being with Jenna," I say trying to make conversation.

"Well you two went to a club, you got extremely drunk, Jenna brought you here, and you fell asleep." He says causally taking a bite of his omelette.

"Was I really bad?" I ask.

"Well lets see, you talked to me about your husband, not knowing that was me," he says laughing as my cheek grew redder and redder at the spot.

"You said he was handsome, and I'm not going to lie, drunk you is obviously more truthful," he says smiling.

"Ha ha very funny, anything else?" I ask.

"Uh well—" he held himself back.

"Nope that was it," he says looking down at his food.

"Okay do not that bad huh?" I say calming down a little.

"Yeah not that bad, we already knew the thing about your husband being handsome, no new news," he says.

"Shut up, will you!" I say trying to chase him across the island.

"No I will not, I will hold that against you for a very long time," he says trying to run from me.

"Wait, I'm not scared of you," he says growing a smug smirk.

"Oh no," I whisper under my breath.

"Oh yes," he says running towards me.

I try avoiding him but he sneaks up in front of me and and holds on to my wrists.

His hands go from my wrist to my fingers, as they intertwined together.

He held on for a while, just looking at me, marching my eyes. I then pulled away.

"Uhm well, I'm going to— uh— shower?" I ask more than declare.

"Uhm Yeah sure, also my parents and your parents are having dinner, and we have to be there, obviously," he says running his hands through his hair.

I rolled my eyes to which he laughed and nodded.

"Sure what time?" I ask.

"7:00 and it's a fancy place, so be ready for that," he says.

"Ok,"

And with that I went to my room to shower.

••a/n••

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Luv ya ;)
     ~ dwightkshrutefr