CHAPTER I

‘Somedays I wish I could go back in life

‘Somedays I wish I could go back in life. Not to change anything, but to feel few things twice.’

-x-

I sighed as I cleared my office desk putting all my belongings inside a box. All my colleagues said their final farewells to me. Some were genuine and some were fake. But I was too much occupied in my own thoughts to notice.

Maybe resigning is the best decision.

I was convincing myself that the decision I took was the best option. Because so far in my life, I have regretted all my past doings. And this time I wanted to start afresh and live without any more regrets.

I checked one last time, ensuring that I didn’t leave anything behind. My eyes fell on a photograph stuck on the partition wall.

Two boys, one with a heart shaped face and big round eyes with both a monolid and a double-lid. And a big boxy smile plastered on his fair face. Another one is bit chubby but extremely cute and his beautiful eyes partially covered with his bangs. And a girl between them. She has simple features yet beautiful. The three of them look young, innocent, carefree and happy.

A smile reached up my face as I felt nostalgic. Those days of our youth, when everything was magical and everyday had something new for us, were long lost now.

Without wasting any more time, I took off the photograph and stuffed it inside the box and left the office.

As I passed through the main gate of the building, the security guard stopped me. That was when I realized that I was still wearing the company’s ID card. I took it off and glanced at it one last time before handing it over to the guard.

From this moment itself, I’ll do as my heart says. This will be my new beginning.

“Happy New Year in advance.”, said the security guard.

I reciprocated his broad smile with a warm one and bowed my head.

“Happy New Year to you too.”