About His Life

When I woke up, it was about 6 o'clock.
I decided to text Noah.
'Hi, sorry I didn't text you sooner. My guesses were that you wanted to be alone. But I just want to know if you're alright'
I got up and took a shower.
I checked my phone, he didn't reply.
I went and made myself something to each.

My phone rang, I ran to see who texted.
It was Justin, 'what time are we meeting tonight?'
'At 9 o'clock?' Nicole asked.
'Sounds good to me' Justin texted.
'Same here' Jake texted.
'I don't know if I can make it' I texted.
'Why not?' Justin and Jake asked.
'It's just I'm not in the mood to go drinking, I'm going to stay at home' I texted.
'Alright than, if you change your mind, you know where to find us!' Justin texted.
'Yeah, thanks' I texted.

I locked my phone sat on the sofa, grabbed my laptop and started searching for a movie.
When I was about to start the movie my phone rang.

It was Noah ' Hi. I'll be alright don't worry about it. Thank you for caring'
'You're welcome, I'm always here for you' I texted.
'Thank you so much. I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't feel like staying alone today' he replied.
'I'm not going out today, do you want to come over? We can watch a movie, it will get your mind of of things.' I texted.
'I don't want to be a burden, you don't have to' he replied.
'Oh no, I would love to have you over' I texted.
'Thank you than. Send me your address:)' he texted.
I sent him my address.

I prepared some snacks for while we watch the movie.
The doorbell rang. I went to open the door.
It was Noah, his eyes were red. Probably from all the crying.
Before I could think I leaned in and hugged him. I could feel him smiling while he hugged back tightly.

I smiled 'Hi'
'Hi' he said.
'Come in!' I said.
He smiled and got in the house. We sat down on the couch.
'What movie do you want to see?' I asked.
'You can decide, but before I need to continue the story of my life' he said.
'You don't have to tell me today, after what you've just been through' I said as I looked at him.
'No it's fine! I'll tell you everything ' he said as he looked at me.
I looked at him and smiled.

He began talking ' when I was fourteen I couldn't take it anymore, so I eventually ran away from home. My father filed a report that I was missing. So every police officer from town were looking for me. One of them finally found me. They were going to take me back to my father, but I begged them not to. I finally convinced them, and they told me either with my father or in a foster home. I chose the foster home. The people who took care of me were very nice. Often people would come to choose a child to adopt, all of the children would get lined up, including me. But seems like everyone knew my history, no one adopted me. When I was 17 I started working as a waiter. Every time there would be a shift I would take it. Sometimes I would even work fifteen hours a day. When I turned 18 I had money saved. I could afford to rent a place. I left from the fosters home and rented a place near the beach.
I am still being bullied as you know. Sometimes people come up to me and start telling me how my mom committed suicide because of me, or they come up to me and start beating me up.
All my life I always thought about suicide, sometimes I even tried it.
Well, I think thats my whole life story'

He was crying silently.
I leaned near him and hugged him, he hugged back tighter.

'I'm sorry about what happened in your past. You had a bad childhood. But now you can't keep looking back at your life. You need to look forward, also you have to start standing up for yourself. The more you let people do what they want to you, the more they'll do it. As you know I'm always here for you, everything you need someone to talk to, I'll be here for you' I said as I wiped the tears of his face.

He looked at me ' it's hard to look forward if everywhere I go everyone reminds me of my past. And also, I don't really know how to stand up for myself' he said as he looked down.

'You can't let people get away with everything, talk back to them, tell them to stop, tell them you had enough, I don't know. But don't worry, I'll help you get through this. I'll be on your side' I said as I looked at him.

He looked at me and smiled, ' Thank you so much!'
'You're welcome!' I said.

'Uhm, okay. Let's watch that movie now!' He said as he smiled.
'Okay' I said as I grabbed my laptop and started the movie.

We eventually fell asleep on the couch halfway through the movie.