Chapter 6

Dedicated to all the doctors and nurses out there, working for us to be safe, especially in the quarantine period.

Amaira POV

" So you think that she'll be safe out there? I mean won't the goons find her anyway... " Dr. Janette asked.

" I don't know. I just did what I felt like to. I know making her escape was not a better idea but maybe she could reach her home, one day." I replied sipping the remaining coffee in my glass.

" Yeah, I can understand but what if that's a case where you know poor fathers sell their daughters for money. "

" You think it's still happening? " I asked her because it's illegal and I don't think someone would love to get into jail.

" Yeah, many people are bribed to shut their mouth... just think, money... how can you stop greediness, Amaira? "

" Hmm... " I replied looking here and there and suddenly the siren sound made us alert.

I looked at Janette and then the patient who is being brought here in the ambulance.

" Can we take the charge while doing an internship? " I asked.

" I guess we can. " Janette replied and I looked at her who was looking at the manager who crossed and nodded looking at us.

" Let's do it! " I whispered and walked behind the stretcher carrying an injured woman. There was another siren and I looked behind and found a man in the same condition as her.

" She and her husband had a car accident and she is suffering from a severe head injury and she is pregnant. " The nurse said who brought her to the emergency cabin.

I could see the glasses pierced all over her head and a scar near her temple.

" Ohh, Janette please check if we need to take her to operation theatre or its just wounds... " I asked Janette. 

Meanwhile, I touched her belly trying to find the age of the fetus.

" She is 29-30 weeks pregnant. " I said.

" She has to get an operation, now! " Janette said and we asked the ward-men and the nurse to take them to the OT and that we'll be there soon.

We soon get up dressed with gloves, apron, and masks and entered the OT.

" Good evening, Dr. Choi. " We greeted the senior neurologist surgeon. 

" Good evening. " He whispered and soon the nurses and assistants and juniors entered and we greeted them.

"It's a critical case. Blood loss and so the fetus is losing blood. Dr. Amaira, Dr. Janette, and Tina, you will focus on the fetus's condition, any harm and we have to take it out. " We nodded and we looked at the screens showing the heartbeat of the fetus and the mother, and the ultrasound image of the fetus.

Dr. Choi was operating while the juniors just watch it out.

" Everything's normal down, Doctors? " He asked.

" Yes, Sir. " Janette replied as I was busy watching the screens.

After like half an hour, Dr. Choi announced,

" Operation successful! " 

I asked Janette to know if she is good now, about her hormonal levels and everything while I'll be here in the OT.

I was having a gut feeling that if I leave something bad is going to happen and so I looked at the screens again.

" Everything good? " Tina asked.