Ch. 43 Tranquility

It's been a few days and everything pretty much calmed down. Nobody was talking about the shit that happened and I didn't bother to come to school until Friday.

I've been keeping up with Ayden as far as what's been going on at school without me there.

My parents thought it would be a good idea to skip this week, since we weren't doing anything anyways. It was close to the end since it was right around the corner so no harm done.

They still had their doubts, which I understand. They were a little nervous about me going back to school even though everything was over with.

"If anyone says anything, you better let us know." Dad said as I was in the kitchen that morning. "I mean it, Carter. Let us know or let the principal know."

I knew they were both worried about me but honestly, they have nothing to worry about. Patricia already admitted everything was a joke, even though it wasn't and the principal informed everyone that the picture got sent to that it was a joke and a misunderstanding.

You coming to school?

Ayden texted me as I was sitting in my car waiting for Chase. He kept texting me throughout the week to make sure that I was ok and if I needed anything.

And of course keeping me updated on what was going on at school.

When I finally told dad about the creep that messed up my mirror, cause he eventually saw it, he personally handled it himself.

Which, of course, I wouldn't be making my appearance back over there anyways.

Telling him that I wouldn't be going over there anymore, he could sense the sadness in my voice.

My parents knew I was going through pain trying to get over Tory. Which, I'm never going to get over her. It's hard to not think about her every second of the day.

Which hurt.

Chase got in the car with a smile on his face. "Good morning."

I gave him a weird look at I pulled out of the driveway. I look in the rearview to see my parents watching me from the garage as I drove through the driveway then the gate.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" I look both ways as I pulled out of our driveway.

"I'm in a good mood."

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

Since I didn't go to school the remainder of the week, that didn't happen to Chase. He had to go to school and he was happier every morning when he left.

"Not sure." He shrugs. "I think it has something to do with the fact that Patricia is no longer going to school."

That made me laugh.

I heard that Patricia got suspended. I couldn't help but laugh as I was on a three-way call with Ayden and Jamie as they were telling me.

The rumors that went around about them was ridiculous and it made me laugh.

I heard one where Regina lost her memory when Jamie knocked her out.

"Funny shit." I laugh.

Chase laughs. "I love rumors." I nod as I watch the road as I heard Chase talk. "Do you think anyone will come up to you today?"

I shrug as I glance over at him. "Not sure. Wouldn't bother me anyways." I look back at the road. "Did anyone come up to you this week?" He shook his head. "Then I doubt anyone will. They pretty much forgot about it."