Ch. 18 The Performance

"Is it.." I looked over at the piano sheet for the hundredth time, trying to get this perfect. "A C major."

The performance was tomorrow and I was honestly so scared. I get to perform in front of the whole school and that's something that scares me.

It was as if I blinked and next week was already here, hitting me in the face.

Prom was the day after and that doesn't make it any better.

It's been a week since I talked to Miss Morgan and it's been a week since we talked at all. After that morning with her, we didn't speak with each other. I didn't stay in her classroom after class.

I saw her throughout the school but she never said a word to me.

She was avoiding me and I understood that.. kind of.

The way she was explaining everything to me about it being wrong and unusual, was completely true. I understood that she wanted to avoid me as much as possible.

For the last week, I tried getting my mind off of her. It wasn't that hard and it instantly became a lot better after a few days of trying to forget everything.

Maybe I shouldn't like her the way I do.

Last weekend, Ayden and I played paintball and it was such a stress reliever. I beat him by thirty points cause I was on my game.

It was the night before the performance and I was honestly stressing over getting my music perfect. I didn't want to screw up and make an idiot out of myself in front of everyone.

It took some time to figure out which song I was doing, but came up with a perfect one.

Consequences by Camila Cabello.

It had a lot of meaning to it. It reminded me of Miss Morgan but I wasn't doing the song because of her. I've had this song in mind for a while now, but now it's just making a little more sense on why I should do it.

It hurt the way she's been avoiding me. She said she needed time to think so I'm gonna let her.

Figuring it all out for the performance wasn't that hard. Plus, I have someone who is also going to be performing with me.

"Alright, so I think I need to match your keys." He bit his lip as he was strumming his guitar. "Does that sound about right?"

I smile at him. "Let's try it together."

When we play together, it was like the universe came together. It sounded so perfect since we both played instruments.

Chase was the best guitar player that I've ever seen. He was so talented that everyone in our family loves watching him play.

My piano skills and his guitar skills are going to rock tomorrow.

"What time is it?" I ask, placing the piano sheet on the piano.

Chase looks at his watch then back at me. "A little after nine thirty."

I nodded as it wasn't too late. Mom said we can stay up to practice until ten, so we have a little bit longer to get everything right.

"Are you nervous?" I ask Chase.

He looks up from his guitar. "A little. But I know Patricia will be watching so the nerves kind of go away."

I smiled as I watched him. "That's good. How are you two?"

Chase and Patricia aren't dating, although that's what Chase says. He did tell me that they were talking. They hung up last weekend and I was so happy for him that I even offered to take them wherever.