Ch. 3 A life like this

These updates are slow and I apologize! xx

"Make sure you all do chapter fifteen. There will be a test next week." Our Algebra teacher told us as the bell rung and everyone was packing their shit up.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder before walking up to the front desk and giving him my homework. He smiles at me then grabs my paper and lays it in a folder.

Walking out with everyone else, I went to my locker first and grabbed my Social Studies book. I turned around and nearly peed myself when Ayden was standing right behind me.

"Idiot." I huffed.

He laughs as we both walk down the hall towards my next class. "You're so damn lucky." He said, which makes me look over at him. "You get the hottest teacher in this school."

I roll my eyes as we approach the door, where she was standing at. I saw her welcoming students in then looked over at Ayden as he was running his hand through his hair.

"Are you serious?"

He smiles at me as we walk up to Miss Morgan. "Good morning, Miss Morgan." Ayden grins.

She smiles at him. "Good morning." Her eyes found mine and I saw something change. "Good morning, Carter."

"Morning." I smile back. "Bye Ayden." I shove him a little then walk past Miss Morgan, into the classroom.

Sitting in my seat, I took my notebook out and waited until the bell rung. Miss Morgan walks back in the classroom then walks over to the board. She starts explaining what we'll be going over today as I take notes.

Social Studies isn't my favorite class. I could care less about it. In fact, I could care less about any of my classes, but I try my best to pass every single one so that I can reach the top and get out of this hell hole.

School isn't my favorite place. I don't think it's anyone's favorite place.

"Carter," I look up to see Miss Morgan looking at me.

"Yes?"

She smiles. "Can you pass these out?" She holds up a stack of papers, indicating that I should get up.

Nodding, I got up and walked towards her. Grabbing the papers from her hands, I start passing them around to everyone. I wasn't sure why she picked me specifically but it might have something to do with the fact I wasn't exactly paying attention.

I tend to zone out a lot.

Sitting back at my desk, she continued teaching then gave up instructions on the work that I passed out to everyone. She told us that we can finish it until the end of class or take it home for homework.

I chose to take it home.

Placing the worksheet in my folder, then into my backpack, I zipped it up then laid it on the floor next to my desk.

I took this time to look around the room. Everyone was either talking to their friends, working on their assignments or sleeping.

Welcome to high school.

When I was younger, I never imagined high school to be this way. Full of stupid ass people, fake people and maniacs. I really thought it was going to be the best years of my life but boy, was I wrong.

Coming from a wealthy family, you would think they would have placed me in some private school and away from everyone else.

My parents aren't like that. They don't believe in putting me in a place filled with other wealthy kids.