Chapter 14: Getting Ready For Bed.

While in the bathroom, Cain turned on a sink which had the number "4226" on it, and then pulled out a tube of toothpaste, along with a toothbrush with the number "063" written on the back of it.

"Now watch carefully, as I do this," Cain said. "You just get the toothbrush wet in water, and then pour a bit of toothpaste on the bristles." Cain then did as he explained, and then gave Abby the toothbrush. "Next, you place the toothbrush up to your mouth, show your teeth, and touch all of them with the bristles of the toothbrush," Cain explained. "But move it all around your mouth in order to get all of them cleaned. That also includes the tongue as long as you don't eat it."

Abby then gazed at the toothbrush, and then placed the bristles in front of her teeth. Noticing that one of Cain's fingers folded into a toothbrush, Abby watched as he placed toothpaste on it, and then used it to clean his teeth. Abby did the same, following what she learned from watching Cain, and got every spot in her mouth.

Cain then pulled out two small paper cups from the storage under the sink, and filled them both with water. Once Cain gave Abby her cup, he drank out of his, moved the water around his mouth, and then spat the water back out into the sink. "Once you're done cleaning your teeth, swallow this water, and move it around in your mouth, then spit it back out, after you're done. Abby then swallowed the water in the cup, and moved it around in her mouth. Then Abby tried to get up to the sink to spit.

Luckily, Cain came through, and gave her a boost to do it. Abby spat the water into the sink, just as the Plague Doctor entered the bathroom. "How is she doing, Cain?" Hamilton asked. "Well, I just taught her how to brush her teeth by herself, now I believe it's time for her to go, and rest," Cain answered. Abby then yawned, while also having a dozy look on her face. "Alright then, child," Hamilton said. "Come with me, I'll make a quick stop, and then send you to your room to bed." The Plague Doctor then entered room "1162", and found and spotted a hole in the wall, which has gotten bigger after the Containment Breach. Just as the Plague Doctor placed his arm into the hole, he pulled it back out, and had a children's book in his hand by Dr. Seuss.

After leaving the hole room, Hamilton brought Abby back to her bedroom, and placed the drawn pictures she made on the table. Hamilton then placed Abby's toy's back in the toy box next to her bed, while she got in the bed. Once the toy's were put up, Hamilton tucked Abby in, then pulled up a chair to read a bedtime story to help her street. The book of course was "An Amazing Alphabet Book". (I know you were expecting something more popular, like "Green Eggs, and Ham", but truth be told, I grew up with this book.) "Hope you're night went well, Abigail," Hamilton said. "Now just relax as I read you this."

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.