Drew was just at the bottom of the stairs when we reached. Emily squealed before going to hug him and Drew chuckled before hugging her back. Once they were done, Emily turned around and Drew proceeded wave at me, his other arm not leaving Emily's waist.

Like I said, a cute couple.

"The first one's over, but the second one's starting in a few minutes so we can grab a drink till then," Drew said, before leading us to the bar.

I quickly paid for my beer, before Emily and Drew did the same and started maneuvering their way back through the crowd. Before we could reach however, our path was blocked by a familiar black-haired boy.

Mason.

He exchanged a few words with Drew, before focusing on me.

"Alexis, hey."

"Hi, Mason."

"Wait, you two know each other?" Emily seemed confused, looking between Mason and I.

"Yeah, we met the last time we were here," I said, signalling to the boy in question.

"Do you wanna come get a beer with me? Mason asked me.

"Uh, I already have one, but I'll come with."

I really didn't want to leave Emily, but she hadn't seen Drew in a while so it was probably better to give them some space. Emily looked at me in question before asking me, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go have fun. I'll come find you," I said, turning around to Mason who had started to back toward where we came from.

I followed him to the bar, where he ordered his own drink. The fight was starting behind me, but I wasn't really bothered.

"So, Alex, how do you know Drew?"

"Emily's my friend, and they're dating so," I shrugged before taking another sip.

Mason continued to drink and ask about how I liked this place, and just general things about my life. I'd learned that Mason was actually in college, and only organized these fights to earn a little money on the side. He didn't seem overly disturbing, so I decided he wasn't such a bad person to know. He moved here three years ago, and had been doing this since.

I was having fun with him and had honestly forgotten what happened in school today, (the three beers I had probably helped too).

I was mid conversation with Mason, laughing as he described how he'd gotten punched by one of the fighters in the beginning when he'd started this, when a blonde girl approached us.

She was wearing a pair of shorts, a green shirt and had a black jacket slung over her shoulder. She smiled at me before handing Mason something.

"Mase, could you give this to Ashton for me?"

She had to speak a little loud to be heard over the music and the cheering.

Mason froze, before quickly shoving the small object in his pocket before looking at me.

"He left it at my place on Monday and asked me to give it back to him here but I need to run and he's still in his fight," she explained.

What?

"Hi I'm sorry for being rude, I'm Maria," she turned to me this time, smiling at me again.

I tried to smile back, but it probably looked forced, "Alexis."

She didn't seem to notice and said, "Nice to meet you," and turned to Mason before saying, "Okay so I'm really late and I'm leaving, make sure to give this to Ash."