three

I was in English, my last class for the day, sneaking glances at the seat which is normally occupied by the devil

I was in English, my last class for the day, sneaking glances at the seat which is normally occupied by the devil. Well, the vacant seat. He hadn't been to any classes after lunch and I was silently hoping he'd skip out on his tutor session too.

And once the bell rang, I walked down to the center, stopping by my locker to be greeted by Emily.

"Hey love," she said, squishing me to herself when she went to hug me.

"Hey Em," I shrugged, trying, and failing to conceal my nervousness.

"What's got you so nervous?" she raised one of her eyebrows, something I had always been jealous of.

"It's my first day at the tutor center..."

"Yeah, I forgot to ask, who are you going to be tutoring?"

Okay, here goes...

"Ash Moretti," I whispered, praying she didn't hear but oh, she did.

And she let out a loud squeal, loud enough to stop the people around her but they started walking away when I shot them a nervous smile. They were used to Emily's loud antics but they loved her anyway. Emily and I were best friends, had been since kindergarten, but our personalities... that was a different ballpark altogether.

Emily could walk into a room and light it up with her bubbly nature. It was impossible to miss the joy she radiated. She befriended everyone she met, knew about everything under sun while I lived under a rock, avoiding the world as much as I possibly could.

"Oh my god, no freaking way," she screamed, again.

"Calm the fuck down, jeez. I'm tutoring him, that's it. I would totally trade places with you if I could but I don't think our principal would appreciate that," I shrugged but then felt someone wrap their arm around my shoulder.

"How's my favorite girl doing?" Charlie smiled, kissing the top of my head before nodding to Emily, who smiled at him enthusiastically before looking at me again.

"So seriously, back to Mr. Hottie, when are you going to go tutor him?"

"Wait Hottie, what?" Charlie asked, looking completely lost.

"She's going to be tutoring Ashton Morreti, and oh my god, I'm gonna kill you in your sleep today and then get surgery to look like you so that I can spend time with that Greek God," she said, looking absolutely serious.

Whoa, okay.

"Sure Em, sure," I closed my locker and walked to the tutor center, with both my best friends trailing behind me.

"No seriously Lex, that boy is bad news and not in the way you girls think its dreamy or whatever. He's scary as fuck and I don't want you anywhere near him," Charlie said, surprisingly agitated at this situation.

"Hey, it's not like I chose to tutor him, he was assigned to me and I have to tutor him. That's it, chill," Why are both my friends so hyped up about this anyway?

"Well, I've gotta go meet Drew, so I'll leave. Good luck with Ash," Emily winked at me before leaving and after some more instructions from Charlie that I ignored, he left too, leaving me to face Ashton, alone.

I walked in and released the breath that I didn't know I was holding in when I saw no signs of Ashton's dark hair.

"Alexis, hey, Ashton isn't in yet," James smiled at me and signaled me to sit and wait in one of the vacant seats.

When it had been fifteen minutes since Ashton was supposed to show up, James saw me fiddling with my phone and came and sat opposite me, striking conversation.

"So, how did you end up here?" he smiled, handing me a granola bar from the vending machine near the door.

"I burned the Chemistry lab down," I stated, and watched while he choked on the water he was drinking.

"You're serious?"

"Nobody was hurt though, so they just gotta replace some equipment and stuff, nothing major," He chuckled and talked some more until the clock struck four.

"Well, it's been an hour and he still hasn't shown so I think it's best if you leave," James chuckled, and packed up his stuff while I looked around and saw that we were the only ones here.

"We're the only ones here? Wow," I whistled lowly.

"Yep, they already left. Let's go," he locked the tutor center and walked with me to the garage, which was empty except for a sleek, black convertible which I was assumed, was James's. And that was when I remembered that Charlie had dropped me off today and I had no way of going home.

He seemed to notice the absence of a second car and turned to me, "Where's your car?"

"Eh, well, my friend dropped me off and I forgot. I'll just, I'll call him up and ask him to pick me up, it's cool," I shrugged, again.

"How about I drop you off?" he offered kindly.

"I..."

"I promise I'm not a serial killer, I won't kill you or anything," he chuckled again, unlocking his car and walking towards it.

"Uh, sure, yeah, thanks,"

It was just a drive from the T.A. A very charming and hot T.A. with an accent, but let's not go there. But just as I was about to get in his car, a voice interrupted us both.

"Hey there, tutor."

****

vote and comment, please.