two

It had only been two days since I'd served time in the detention hall, which was basically an old classroom on the absolute end of the hallway, opposite the fire exit, and away from the normal classes and I, was ready to pull my hair out

Let me tell you, the movies depicted detentions far more glamorously than they truly were. There was no sleepy teacher or cool guys to chill with. Oh no, instead I was greeted by one of the strictest and scariest teachers of all time and fellow classmates who spent their time scratching their initials across the table and trying to use their cell phones.

Well all of them, except one. The boy who spent all his time when he was in school, in this very room.

Ashton Moretti.

He was the perfect definition of the male leads in one of those teenage romances.

Brown hair arranged messily over a face with a broad forehead covered with a few strands of hair, eyes as blue as the Pacific Ocean, a sharp nose and a perfectly structured jaw. His lips were pressed tightly against one another as he furiously typed away on his phone, with no reprimand from the teacher surprisingly. He had on a tight black v-neck on, along with a pair of black jeans and sneakers which were covered with mud, as if he'd dragged them through a wet field, not that I was staring or anything.

Well you don't really stare at Ashton, not if you want to face his wrath. And trust me; you do not want to be in a ten mile radius of this boy when he was pissed.

Ashton Moretti was your cliche bad boy each high school was gifted with. Only this boy didn't find a good girl, as every bad boy in every romance novel ever does, instead he took pride in terrorizing the students and the occasional teacher who would stand in the path to self destruction. Because I'm pretty sure that's what all of his actions would lead to. All those nights in jail weren't really doing anything except that.

I was brought back to the dull room when the clock struck three.

I only had to stay here for an hour, because I had to be in the tutor center so as soon as the clock struck three. So, I handed the pass to the teacher and he grunted before letting me out of the classroom, ending those dreaded 60 minutes.

Once I entered the tutor center I was greeted by James, the T.A. He was studying at a private university nearby and helped us out here after his classes were done for the day. I'd never met him before but Haley, one of the tutors here, couldn't stop gushing about him ever since he had joined the center about a month ago. She kept on commenting on how dreamy he was, how he was such a charming and kind person and how he had the most adorable British accent, and now that I had met him, I could personally attest to that.

"You must be Alexis?" he asked, his British accent thick as he held his hand out.

"Uh-yeah-um, I mean, yes," Of course. I just had to stutter in front of the cute guy, didn't I?

"I'm James, I help around here after I'm done with my classes," he smiled before shaking my hand and showing me the basics and all, which all went to vain because I was too busy getting all immersed in his accent to pay attention to what he was saying. What was I, a hormonal teenager?

Well, yeah, I was, but I didn't take too much pride in it.

"So you'll be tutoring this guy called, Ash Moretti..." Now that brought me back from British heaven real quick.

"Wait, you mean, Ashton Moretti?" No. Absolutely not. God, please no.

"That's the guy," he smiled, like everything was alright and he didn't just end the world for me.

Well, maybe not the end of the world, but it sure as hell felt like it. I was scared of Ashton. Very scared. Regardless for the fact that we've had almost all the same classes for the past four years now, Ashton Moretti has continued to scare the living daylights out of me, ever since the first day I saw him outside school. It was a normal winter night and the unsuspecting 14-year-old me was walking around downtown in broad daylight. It wasn't even close to sunset when I heard someone screaming and obviously, I walked towards the disruption because I'm an idiot obsessed with crime novels, but the sight that stood in front of me was enough to cause countless sleepless nights for anybody.

There stood Ash, bloody knuckles and muddy jeans, towering over a young boy who lay there on the ground, who whimpered every few seconds but lying motionless otherwise.

"That'll teach you to..."

Before Ashton could complete his sentence though, I had accidentally hit a trash can, while subconsciously inching closer towards both of them.

The moment I realized I'd been discovered, I ran like a bat out of hell. I didn't even care if he was following me. I do not know how I suddenly gained the ability to run as fast as I was, but it was enough to outrun Ash and forget about this ever happening. He never did see my face but I couldn't forget the poor boy's bruised face as he lay in a pool of his own blood and the cold and sinister look which was cast over Ashton's face.

Questions swam in my mind for months after but I was too chicken to confront Ash about it and after some time that memory became a part of other distant memories I'd locked up in my mind. But now that I was forced to face the face the devil again, the questions came back and one stood out, the same one that caused many sleepless night four years ago....

Did Ashton kill him?

****

vote and comment, please.