3 -The Adventure

The air rushed past the two of us. I signalled to stop and we both came to a halt, dirt flying through the air as we both collapsed to the ground panting. We had been running for at least ten minutes urging our legs at a full sprint. "S-sis I'm sc-scared d-did we really kill people?" His voice shook as he threw his arms around me burying his face in my chest. His expression was one of fear and sadness as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry Adam, I did not want to kill them either. If we hadn't they would have trapped us, so they forced our hand." To be honest I kind of enjoyed killing them, their blood was like nothing I had ever tasted. The blood magic that flowed through me was powerful and came to me as easily as breathing.

*map*

Following my command, a map of the surrounding area floated in the air. I looked around and saw that we were close to another village called Agarothol. Compared to the other village, this one was quite large and was surrounded by a tall stone wall.

My brother suddenly let go and leaned back against a nearby tree, closing his eyes tight. As he stood there I took note of how we looked. With our appearance we would be easily noticed for what we are. Our red eyes, pale skin, and fangs are dead giveaway to our vampiric nature. Luckily I had been practicing my illusion magic so that I could change our appearance enough to not stick out.

One hour later

By now the sun had set and my brother sat leaning against the tree in a fitful sleep. I had spent the past hour practicing my illusion magic allowing me to change skin color, eyes and nearly teeth! I could also change hair color, but I decided I like my silver hair so I kept it the same.

*bzzzt* *bzzzzzzt*

Suddenly what sounded like an alarm blared around me as a screen popped up in front of me. "Emergency! Emergency! An error has occurred, an unknown force has begun the event 'Demon King Awakening' early. Authorizing administrator Lv2, unlocking abilities Map Lv2, Great Sage, and a one time use skill 'Exchange Affinities'. Wait what?! What is Great Sage and Exchange Affinities? What the hell! Why does an event have to happen now of all times? I am thankful to be able to use Administrator Lv2, but why is this happening under these circumstance... Am I supposed to kill him?

"I am Great Sage, an anonymous helper for information, combat, and more." A voice sounded in my head catching me off guard. "Exchange Affinities is a one-time use skill to combine all affinities into just four of your choice. Those four will become stronger than their original setting. Also as an administrator you are responsible for fixing bugs, so in short yes you will need to kill him." Whoa, what the hell is happening, this is sick! Wait..why do I have to be the one to kill him?

I started thinking back to the event that I had created. The 'Awakening of the Demon King' was when the most powerful being in this world wakes from his slumber and wreaks havoc upon the human realm. Wow, I had a really bad imagination! What could be the unknown force that forced this event to occur before it was meant to? "Unknown." The voice echoed through my mind on repeat, but no matter how much I thought about it I did not know what the unknown was. I shook my head trying to clear it of the uncomfortable feeling this brought on.

No time like the present "Great Sage" activate Exchange Affinities.

"Activating, which affinities would you like to remain? Due to your race darkness and blood are two that have already been chosen for you." The voice was monotonous as it spoke. After thinking for a moment with much deliberation I chose illusion and beasts. "Activating." The voice had barely registered in my mind as it felt like my soul was being shredded within my body. Just as quickly as it began it ended and a huge surge of power rushed through my veins. Pulling up my status screen I checked the changes that had occurred.