'10'

"But why did they hurt you instead of your brother?" Mark asked while he cleaned the blood from Donghyuck's temple. He was holding the younger boy's face with a hand while he was cleaning the wound. 

Donghyuck tried his best to look away, not at Mark's face that was so close to his. At least the older was too focused on what he was doing so he wasn't paying attention on the brunette. A sigh escaped his lips. 

"This is only a warning. They can do worse if Taeyong won't pay them by the end of the week." The younger stood up from the bed after Mark was done and went to his desk. "Thanks by the way." He gave the older a small smile as he sat down on the chair. "Shouldn't you be home by now?"

"My parents don't care if I'm home or not actually." Mark replied and looked at the brunette who just took a bug bite from a sandwich he bought earlier. "Can I stay here for the night? I don't wanna go home."

"You hate them?" Donghyuck asked and turned around in the chair to see him better. Mark nodded as he ran a hand through his hair. "Why?"

"They never understood me and it's annoying when they want me to be their perfect puppet." The older replied and looked away, as if he was ashamed. "That's why I wanted to get in this thing you do, to get rid of them and to escape."

Donghyuck didn't reply to that. He only stared at him and understood how he felt.

"You feel like you don't belong anywhere right?" The younger asked and gave Mark a small smile. "I know how it feels." There was a pause in which they both stood in completely silence for some moments. "You can stay overnight." 

"Thanks." The raven haired male smiled at him and then made himself comfortable. 

Mark was sleeping by the time Donghyuck finished homework. He looked at the clock and sighed when he saw it was past 3 AM. The brunette glanced at the older whose nosy was covered under the warm blankets. A small smile formed his lips. Not even in ten years did he imagine to become this close to Mark whom he admired so much. Now he was sleeping in his apartment.

Turning of the lamp, Donghyuck stood up and opened the door of the balcony softly. The light gust of wind blew his hair a bit as he leaned on the metal railing, with his vape pen in his right hand. The city was silent, only a dog was barking somewhere. There were stars splashing the dark sky, but the moon was hidden by some clouds.

He stood like that for a while until he decided he should sleep too. Closing the glass door, the younger placed the vape pen on his desk and then sat down at the edge of the bed. He stared at Mark for a while and found himself brushing away some of his raven hair that was covering his eyes.

"Why are you still awake?" The older mumbled which made Donghyuck freeze there, his fingers still touching his hair. The younger didn't even realized he was leaning that close to Mark until the older smirked at him. "Go to sleep and stare at my face other time."

Donghyuck backed away and covered half of his body with the blanket. "Who said I was staring at you?" He mumbled and turned his back to the older.

Mark didn't say anything else, but when Donghyuck was about to fall asleep completely, he felt an arm wrapping softly around his waist. He would have panicked if he wasn't that tired, so he let Mark hug him.

Short chapter this time fam! Hope you enjoyed it 💚 💚 💚 💚
Also, as usual, I had to publish a new book. Check it out if you want on my profile. It's called Can't you see me? And it's also Markhyuck. Also, I'll update my other stories too soon.