[ 06. ]

☤

May tried to flag All Might down for days. He was everywhere. One moment, she would see him on the news with a villain in tow. The next minute, she would see him in the halls of the school, zooming from one place to another.

She wondered how he wasn't exhausted. Or how he could stay in his hero form for so long. When she saw him walking down the hall next to the Recovery Room, May rolled on her chair and peeked out of the doorframe.

"Hey! All Might!" She called, watching the large man turn around. He looked more casual, wearing a white tee shirt. The smile on his face was more of a grimace, but it brightened at the sight of her waving. "Do you have a minute?"

"A minute? I always have time for the doctor as every hero should!" He proclaimed, standing with his hands on his hips. May never realized how loud his voice, pulling back her neck.

"How much time do you truly have?" May asked, the distant shuffling of the janitorial staff the only other sound in the hallway.

"More than a minute!" He paused. "But two at most!"

That doesn't help me at all. May felt her face fall a little bit. She studied him as he cackled to himself. It was a good indication of how much pain he felt.

He was excellent at hiding it, which caused May some trouble. She saw his chest rise and fall, much quicker than average. Her eyes scanned over the injury site; his movements more rigid with that specific muscle group.

It would take her at least thirty minutes to delve into his health.

"Two minutes isn't long enough for me," she muttered, partially to herself. Then, perking up, she put a finger in the air. "How about tomorrow? For a wellness workup."

She tilted her head, hoping he understood what she was saying. All Might forced his arm forward. His hands formed a thumbs up, giving May a sparkling grin. She folded her hands in her lap, listening to his response.

"You can count on me. Commitment is my middle name!"

All Commitment Might? May thought way too long and hard about what he was saying. Then, he was off before she could reply to his comment. She sighed, rolling back to the computer.

May was still sorting through the documents filed away on Recovery Girl's account. Her eyes were straining from the blue light of the screen. When she rubbed them, she realized the sun was setting. She had sat on the computer all day, her hands cramping from the typing and the deciphering.

May logged out of the computer and did a once over through the room. She stepped in front of her medical bots, kneeling to where they were powered down. She checked their wiring, then spoke aloud in a whisper.

"See you tomorrow."

She left the room, turning off the light and locking the door. The bag slung over her shoulder was a black color with a buckle on the side.