Carl

The sun had began to set by the time Nina had gone to her room. Mickey and Ian had left a while ago, leaving her in the house by herself until Mandy came home, she was with someone so she didn't come out or make her presence known.

She laid on her bed, headphones in as shuffle play went on playing her favorite songs. She grabbed a blunt, courtesy of Lips stash she raided, lighting the end slowly inhaling the smoke holding it for a spilt second before letting the smoke out in a long exhale.

A buzz from her phone made her prop herself on her elbows, smiling as she read the message from her bright phone.

'Come over' she smiled, typing 'on my way' before throwing her phone on the bed. Throwing on a large grey zip up, the fabric coming to a bit above her mid thigh. Zipping it up half way, she slipped on her shoes, slipping from her room.

The house was quiet, before leaving she checked on Mandy. As the door creaked open she peeked her head in, Mandy slept soundly beside a man she didn't recognize. She shrugged, shutting the door softly before walking out the house.

She rubbed her sides with her sleeves, slightly regretting only wearing the sweater and a pair of shorts, but she shook it off, nearing the Gallagher house.

In a few minutes she finally made it to the front steps, walking up before opening the door. Walking into the dimly lit house, warmth finally enveloping her body.

Walking around the corner, Carl sat on the couch, watching some random channel. She walked up behind him, wrapping her arms lightly around his shoulders, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"You were gone when I woke up this morning" She smiled kissing his earlobe softly nuzzling her face against his head, "I know, I had to go to the house"

"I was hoping we could spend the day together"

"Miss me that much?" She smirked, squeezing him gently. He pulled from her slightly, turning his body towards hers. His eyes gazing over her face intently.

With a nervous laugh she reached a hand to run through his loose waves, "What?"

He didn't say anything, he grabbed her wrist softly, leaning forward to kiss her lips softly. This kiss different than the others, he was being slow and gentle, slightly taking her back since she wasn't used to it. She held herself back, trying to be slow like he was doing so effortlessly, but yet she found so difficult.

When he pulled back she smiled, eyebrows furrowing in confusion, "What was that for?"

"It just sunk in today that you actually agreed to date me"

She smiled, normally Carl was always sweet to her, but not this kind of sweet. This fragile sweet, that if you only saw this side of him you would never guess that he was a drug dealer.

"Alright, come on loser" Pulling his arm, dragging him from the couch, up the stairs, into his room.

Setting him on the bed, walking to the shelve beside them, crouching down to reach into one of the bottom drawers. Pulling out a blunt, she handed it to Carl who put it between his lips.

Grabbing a lighter she lit the end of it. Sitting on the edge of the bed she crossed her legs.

"Fiona was asking about you today"

"Oh yeah?"

"She wanted to know how you're doing" He handed her the joint. Watching as she inhaled, "How are you doing?"

To be honest, the week had been shittier than the last. And she got the shit beat out of her the week before so that had to say something. Sleep was no longer something she cared for much. She felt disconnected in a way.

"I'm okay. Could be better but, you know how it is" She laughed, not wanting to make him feel like she was only saying it to drop the topic, which she was.

He lifted her chin, looking into her eyes, "You know you can talk to me Nina, right?" Carl's eyes showed no humor, for one of the few moments he was serious she just nodded.

He leaned forward, placing his lips softly onto hers. Her eyes fluttered shut gently, his hands cupping her face. She raised her hand to the back of his neck pulling him closer, if possible.

Her heart fluttered with every kiss, she felt like one of those sappy movie characters. If they were to have grown up in the ghetto and have a dysfunctional family.

She still sighed, every touch to her skin felt like pure bliss. Excitement flowing through her veins at the minimal contact.

Getting onto her knees, shoving his shoulders back as their lips stayed connected as he fell to his back against the bed. Moving her legs to either side of him.

Grabbing at the hem of his shirt she tugged, suggesting she wanted it off.

"Wait, wait" Carl slightly sat up, propping himself on his elbows, "We shouldn't, you know"

"Have sex?" Carl nodded. She climbed off his lap, slightly embarrassed that she had been rejected like that, considering Carl was never really one to turn down sex.

"Sorry," Carl sat up quickly once he saw her embarrassment, "No Nina, it doesn't have to do with you"

"Then why don't you want to?" He sighed, biting his lip.

"I just don't want to rush, you know?" Of course she nodded, still embarrassed, but she could understand.

He could still see her discomfort, caressing her face, "Trust me, I want to, like you have seriously no idea" She laughed, leaning her head into his palm, "I just think it'll be better if we wait"

She nodded, dwelling on the embarrassment she felt wasn't helping so she begged silently for the conversation to be over.

He mumbled a soft 'come here', laying her beside him, head nuzzled into his neck as his hand ran through her hair, her eyes drifting close from the small amount of affection.