Morning

When morning had finally come around, it was nice. Nina was already awake. Sitting up in Ian's bed, he was at hers so felt appropriate. She would arch her back, leaning down to look at Carl who still slept peacefully.

Boredom took over her slowly, hovering her lips over Carl's, softly kissing his lips. Sleeping responses was all she got back, so she began kissing softly down his neck, and he began to shift around more.

The sound of the door creaking up stole her attention.

"Hey, Uh Fionas cooking breakfast down stairs if you want any" Lip leaned against the door. She sat up, throwing on the large flannel beside her.

"I'll come down, I don't really wanna wake him up anyway" She hopped off the edge of the bed, thankful she wore a pair a shorts, even though the flannel basically covered everything her shirt didn't.

"So you finally admitted you like him, huh?"

"Is this gonna be some big thing?" She laughed dryly but it was a genuine question.

"Well, it is kinda big. I mean, you guys have been best friends since you were both in diapers, now you're finally dating"

"Finally?"

"Nina, It wasn't hard to tell you two liked each other. Actually, I'm pretty sure the only people who couldn't see it were you two"

"Shit, that's embarrassing. Here I thought I hid it so well" Lip smirked, gesturing her to come down the stairs with him.

Bumping into his shoulder going down they both nudged each other before finally getting to the kitchen. When they got to the bottom she smiled at the sight.

Fiona cooked quickly, everyone going in and out of the fridge to help set the table for their soon to come meal, Ian was grabbing plates, chugging a cup of orange juice in the process.

Lip grabbed her arm, pulling her out from behind the staircase wall, "Look who was awake"

They all looked up smiles coming to their faces as they all collectively yelled 'Nina', She walked into the kitchen with Fi, getting a firm hug as soon as she did.

"We missed you, kid" She hugged back, slightly tighter than she normally would, surprising both Fiona and Nina, "I missed you too"

She stayed in the kitchen with Fiona while everyone else sat down, joining in on the conversation every few seconds.

"So, you sleep good?" Of course Fi would ask that, it was one of her biggest concerns with Nina. Nina only smiled, "Yeah, really good"

Of course she wasn't going to mention she woke up at 5 in the morning, but it was better than any other night she's slept.

Ian stood up abruptly, putting his dishes in the sink, "I'm heading to Micks," He looked other to Nina, "You coming?"

She shrugged, "As long as you and him don't fuck with me in the other room, sure"

She grabbed her shoes from the front door, slipping on the thick combat boots before walking out the door, "Let's go fire crotch"

She forgot how cold it was outside, today being one of the colder days leading into winter. She just rubbed the sides of her arms, creating friction to warm herself up.

"So, how you doing?" She smiled looking over at him, scratching the back of her neck with a small laugh.

"If this about me and Carl, can we not" He nodded, nudging into her side, "It's not, it's about you and how you've been"

She sighed, smiling softly, leaning into his side as she stared off at the ground, inhaling deeply.

"Last night was the first night in three days I've gotten actual sleep. I took naps, of course, mostly from drinking to passing out," She paused, biting her lip, "I just want everyone to go back to seeing me the same"

"What do you mean?" He stopped, pausing for a minute.

"Ever since the thing with my dad, all of you have been looking at me in that puppy dog eyes kinda way, just constantly seeing if I'm okay"

"It makes you feel weak" She nodded, continuing to walk down the road.

"It makes me feel like a fucking broken doll that everyone wants to patch up, but that's not for them to do. I need to do it"

Ian smiled, nodding. He knew she wanted them all to stop looking at her like that, she was a Milkovich. They're family name was something most people would be scared of. She didn't want to feel inferior.

He smirked, leaning into her again, "So, about Carl"

She laughed, shoving him off lightly, "Fuck off, that's all I'm saying"

"Hey you mocked me relentlessly when me and Mick got together, this is well deserved" She groaned, putting her head into his shoulder dramatically leaning her body heavily on him, nearly falling when he stepped forward.

"I should've smothered you in pillows when I had the chance"

"But you didn't, sucks doesn't it?" She stopped, smirking before shoving him as she began running off to the house they were coming closer to. He started sprinting after her, both their laughter probably waking up the neighbors.

She ran up the steps, looking back and screaming when he was nearly behind her, opening the door before shutting it, throwing her body weight against it, cursing the broken lock on the door.

Mick looked up from sitting on the couch, confusion covering his face as the loud banging on the door came, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Not important!" Ian continued banging on the door, "Mickey!"

"Don't listen to that!" She smiled, Mickey only rubbed his eyes while she continued to struggle holding Ian out of the house, surprised she was able to go this long without caving.

When the banging stopped she looked to Mickey confused, an audible gasp left her mouth before bolting to her room, "The window!"

By the time she got to her room, Ian was half way through the window, she ran back to the living room behind Mickey, jumping onto his back.

"Jesus fuck!"

"Protection!"

Mickey stumbled which only resulted in Nina clutching onto him more. When Ian came from the room he smiled, Mickey holding a warning finger out, "Gallagher, don't you fucking dare"

Ian stopped for a minute, before jumping over the couch, making Mickey run, his laugh finally filling the room.

"Nina could you be any fucking heavier!"

"I'm light as a feather fuck head!

Mickey only kept running around the couch, Ian chasing them both. Nina laughing hysterically, Mickey laughing and cursing while Ian chased them like a crazed maniac. Nina felt the warm feeling in her chest of love as she clung onto Mickey, the soft sound of laughter filling the house she couldn't stand only yesterday. Something finally felt right.

———
Sorry for lack of Carl content this chapter, don't worry I'm planning a lot more but I want to get more family moments into this so sometimes Carl won't be in the chapter or he'll be there only for a short time <3