Stronger

The next morning, Carl still had Nina wrapped around him as they laid on the couch sound asleep, Kev and V stared at the two.

"These two don't even realize how much they need each other" V said leaning into Kev.

"How they're not in love is beyond me" Kev tilted his head looking to the two holding each other on the couch.

A hard knock on the door was made, V grunted, "Who is it now"

Walking to the door she was pushed to the side, "Wheres my sister"

Mickey trudged in the living room frowning at the two teens holding each other on the couch sound asleep, "What the fuck is that?"

"He's the only one she'd even look at" Kev explained. Mickey bit his tongue.

"Why the fuck didn't anyone tell me sooner" he said fuming.

"No one could find you!" V said raising her voice in a still hushed tone. Mickeys annoyance still unsettled.

"And what none of you have a fucking phone?" Mickey said angry looking between the two.

V look at him almost insulted, "How about a thank you for taking care of your sister when you couldn't" Mickey sighed, rubbing his face, hearing a small grunt they all turned to see Nina waking up.

She sat up rubbing her eyes lightly as Mickey rushed over, "Hey, take it easy okay?" She looked up almost confused as her eyes were still half shut.

"Mickey? When did you get here" she said in a small voice, Mickey held the side of her face gently moving the hair out her face.

"Doesn't matter, I took care of dad, okay? He's on his way to his old cell" he said looking at his broken sister with sad eyes.

"Okay Mick, I love you" She said weakly with a strained voice, he put his hand on her head and kissed her forehead.

"Love you to kid"

Walking to the kitchen Mickey leaned against the counter with Kev and V following, "Damn this is some heavy shit" Mickey nodded running a hand through his hair.

"Where's Mandy?"

"I haven't told her. Knowings she'd probably flip her shit, and it isn't good for Nina to see. I'll tell her later"

They all turned to see Carl walking into the kitchen with a tired look, "She said her body hurts, did you check for any other bruises last night?"

"No I'll do it now" V said squeezing past Carl in the door way.

Mickey looked Carl up and down, his look definitely not a friendly one, "Don't think you're off the hook for laying with my sister like that, k fuck head?" Mickey said with his eyebrows raised.

"Got it Mick"

Walking back into the living room they both stopped in their tracks, they saw Nina standing with bruises around her chest and stomach and her arms, some faint and some harsh and dark.

Her face was emotionless once again, her tough facade was back and she didn't let anyone see how much she was hurting.

"You guys good? Look like you saw a fucking ghost" her voice was still jagged and strained and it hurt them to see her like that, attempting to act normal.

Mickey walked over to them as she put her jacket back on, "How yah feeling?"

"Like shit, but I'll get through it, don't I always?" She smiled slightly at her brother before grabbing her jacket and slipping it back on looking to Carl.