Chapter 31: Crazy In Love

Start from the beginning

Gloss, in a some way, changed. Sometimes, I'd see him staring at nothingness, a blank expression on his face. He's not cheery and talkative anymore. We always do our best not to stress Gloss from remembering things. He'd ask questions, and we'd answer, but would skip the worst parts.

I miss Gloss so much. I want to hug him, kiss his lips, his neck, his cheek, his forehead, his chest. Everything. I miss everything about him. I miss the old Gloss.

Every night, I pray, before I sleep, to God to bring Gloss' memories back. His condition makes me want to cry and beg and just break down and shut my heart. But I can't lose hope. I can't give up on Gloss.

"Earth to Noah!" Mike says, waving a hand in front of my face, making me snap out of my trance. "You've been spacing out lately, mate."

"The English Guy is right," Collins says. Mike frowns. "Babe and I will come over your house after school to visit Gloss." He kisses Kevin on the lips and Kevin pushes Collins off of him, laughing. The jocks grimace playfully and pretend to gag.

After my mini speech last week, according to Kaila, there was a big commotion happened. After I told the students I love Gloss, basically outing myself, Collins, with a proud face, told everyone that he's dating Kevin. The jocks were shock, because they didn't expect it. Kevin told them about their relation and how happy they are. Then John took Ashton's hand, stood up, and captured Ashton's lips with his. The three of them showed everyone that being gay, and in love with the same sex, are right, and there's nothing wrong with it.

"Um, guys, please, calm your hormones," says Nero awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. "Straight guys still here."

"And in the future, you'll bend, trust me, that, I promise." John says, chuckling.

"How 'bout no?"

"How 'bout you have sex with a guy?" Kevin counters, stifling a laugh.

"How 'bout no?" Mike mimics before Nero speaks.

"How 'bout you be with Derek and fuck him like you fuck girls?" Jeric says.

"I'm not even gay!" Nero protests. "I mean, I won't be gay. Ever! I'm not even curious. So, it's a no no. A total no no. A definite no no. How 'bout a signage that reads no no?"

"Then... why do you hate Derek so much?" Jeric asks, arching a brow.

"That's a complete no no!" Nero blurts out, then blushes crimson red. "Um, what I meant is, yes! I hate him because... just because! And hate doesn't mean anything! It's not going to turn into something... just something I don't know!"

"You... hate... him... because... He likes Ashton more than you." Sam sings playfully.

"No!" Nero protests. Then he clamps his hands over his mouth, eyes wide. "I mean, I don't care!" With that, he stands up from our table, turns on his heels, and runs away from us.

"Hey man," John says, gripping my shoulder. "Stop overthinking things. It won't do good on you. Gloss will be okay. This, I assure you. Time will heal him. You just have to wait. Gloss waited, and this time, you need to do him a favour. Wait for him to come back. It may not be today, tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, but everything's going back to normal. Like the way your world worked before."

"Thanks for the speech, John." I say, chuckling. The smile turns into a sad one. "I just want him to come back to his old self. I miss him so much. And everytime I'd see him, not remembering any moments we've shared, it hurts me. Sometimes, I wish I could go back to the past, and fix things there before this situation happened. But I can't. We can't. We are a slaves of time. Time is always the center. Time is such a bitch."

"I agree with you. You know, Ashton and I, we didn't start good. You know that, right? I hated him. Because he's gay. The truth is, I didn't hate him just because he's gay. I hated him because he could freely express himself to public, not caring the people's judgemental minds. I envied him. But I love him. And I hated myself, too. Because I couldn't have the chance to be with Ashton that time, because I was afraid of coming out and being judged by the people. What you said, at the night of Mike's party, struck me. Thank you for making me realize things. And this time, I want you to realize that, love has lots of sacrifices. When it comes to love, everything is worth it. Not wasted. So, just wait for Gloss. Do it not for him. But for love."

"Thank you so much, John. You really are a good friend. I'm so glad to have you guys." I say, almost crying at those words.

John is right. Gloss has sacrificed a lot of things. His pride, ego, and self. He waited for me. And this time, I have to do sacrifices. Not for him. But for love. Because like John said, everything is worth it when it comes to love.

Everything is not wasted when it comes to love.

I'll wait for Gloss. I don't care if it could take days, weeks, months, years, or decades. I'll wait for him. I'll won't stop loving him.

Gloss, please come back to me.

**********

Word count: 1,507.

D&T: December 17, 2014, 12NN.

Woop, woop! Thanks so much guys!

THE END IS NEAR.

That's it. Love lots.