BONUS CHAPTER #2

»A BONUS CHAPTER«

»BONUS CHAPTER #2«

A/N: Warning. (E)Nuph said.

**********

»Chapter 21.5«

»Ashton Trace

Gloss was partying widly as he took a swig of his beer. He was dancing together with Kaila and Beau. Derek encircled his arms around my waist from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder as we moved slowly. Derek's face seemed fiery, because of the fire flickering. He looked at me with a thoughtful expression, and smiled. That made my heart jump. The fact that he made my heart jump just by his cute, heavenly smile was making me scared. The way he smiles at me is quite petrifying. When he smiled at me, I couldn't look away. My eyes were focused on his sweet, full, reddish lips. It's tasty. Not that I've tasted it before, but it seems like it.

Derek gave me a lighthearted pull and rested his hands on the small of my back as we swayed just a little. He squealed when I accidentally put my foot on top of him. I said sorry. He didn't say anything, just pecked my cheek and forehead. I felt the heat creeping up into my cheeks, and squirmed out his grip when he tightened his hug around me. I really like Derek. But there's something about John. He's a mystery to me. I've flirted with him, teased him, done my best to win his heart. But I was a food. He's as straight as a freaking ballpen. He doesn't like poles. He likes caves. I've been telling myself that, but my heart still beats for him. I was really hurt when he said those harsh things at me; that my mother hated me. It made my cry. And I asked myself that day; did my mom hate me? Does my mom still hate me? Did my mother love me for who I really am?

Those questions haunted me, asking for answers. I'm still trying to figure, to find some answers to it. But there's always nothing. John's insults hurt me, but his comment about my mom hated me just kind of made me realize that he would never like me. He will never like me. Because he hates me. So I'll just look after Derek, to see if I could love him the way I love John. Maybe my love for John is kind of a punishment for me. Derek kissed my temple, then he swung me around. Good thing it was dark, the only light was from the fire, so he couldn't see my cheeks flushing. Derek makes me feel like I'm not lifeless at all. But John makes me feel like I'm being reborn, to start a new life, with no hints of scarred and painful past. But John is the same one who can bring me down, break my walls, and make me rebuild it again.

This was a party. So people tend to mind their own businesses. No one was causing us harm. No one was calling us 'faggot', 'queer', 'cocksucker', and painful insults. In fact, we were having fun. John was nowhere in sight. Not that I was looking for him. Derek swung me round again and my hands rested on his shoulders. He always look at me like I'm a precious jewel that needs to be taken care of. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Ash, I know that you're still not over him," Derek said as he rested his forehead against mine, his lips slightly parted. I didn't comment at that. Because it's true that I wasn't over John. He's my first love. "But if you give me a chance, I'll help you to get over him, and hopefully, you could love me the way you love him. I really like you, Ashton."

"I don't want to use you," I said, staring back at his eyes. Using people is against my rules and vows. Plus, it's Derek Reid. I don't want to use Derek for my own benefit. Just because I'm not over to a person, doesn't mean I need to use people to help myself. If I really want to help myself, I need to stand up and man up. "Derek, believe it or not, you have a special place in my heart. But, I can't use you. You're, next to Kaila and Gloss, my best friend. Beau, too. But I believe that I have to deal with this love sick thing alone."

"Then just give me a chance to prove myself to you," he pleaded, tightening his hold around me. His thick Russian accent is a music blaring softly in my ears. "I'll do everything for you, Ashton. Just give me a chance."