Chapter 18: It's Wonderful To Fall

Chapter 18
Noah Gerald Sky
It's Wonderful To Fall

My decisions were wrong. A total bullshit. Gloss is not a bad thing. He is a good thing. I should have said that. Now, I'm paying the price. Everytime I'd see him with that Beau guy and gives him a kiss, or even flirt with him, there'd be a pang of jealousy hitting my stomach. He has been ignoring me, avoiding me at any cause. I've tried to talk to him but he just pushed me away. He blocked me from his world. And now, I'm alone.

Chelsie takes a seat beside me on the couch. Gloss is in his room, probably talking to that Beau guy. Chelsie and I just got back together last month. She has tried her best to prove her loyalty to me. She kept saying sorry and sorry and sorry to me, that she'd never do it again, that I'm the only one for her. So I've decided to get back with her.

It's a one-sided love.

I used to love her so much, but right now, I can't tell if how much I love her. In fact, the sparks, the fireworks, the thrills are gone now. I used to have a bubbly feeling inside me whenever I look at her. But when I look at her right now, nothing. Empty. She's a good fuck, yes. But there's nothing more.

It has been three month since I've dragged him into the janitor's closet and had a talk. Well, it's not actually a conversation because he didn't speak at all. What I said to him that day, that was the biggest mistake I've ever done and made in my whole life. I'm such a big idiot.

Chelsie purrs in my ear and I want nothing but to shove her away from me. I don't, though. The jocks hesitantly approved of this, of our Chelsie and I's relationship, and they are aware of Chelsie's every action. Mike ignores her, and tries to avoid her at any cost. Chelsie doesn't talk to him, too. And when we are together, there's always an awkward silence lingering in the air. And there's tension so thick that even guys like Collins, Sam, Nero, and Kevin can't break it.

"What's wrong, babe?" Chelsie asks me as she takes a seat beside me on my bed. I want you say 'you', but it'd be rude of me to say so. So I just shut my mouth, purse my lips tightly, and shake my head. Chelsie frowns but lets it slide.

The snow was blowing hard, a blizzard. The whole house was like inside the fridge; very cold. Around the house, outside, was the thick snow. Neither of us wanted to go out. The only supply of warmth was the hearth. Gloss was sitting in front of it, his palms were near the fire, seeking warm. You could clearly see that he's shaking a little. Whenever he breathed, the air he was releasing was visible. I badly wanted to hug him, to give him warm. His brows were furrowed and his lips were slightly parted, he was sitting in an indian position. Genny was cooking a soup for us to eat. She said it would help us to get warm. Dad was in his room, doing God knows what. My feet moved to its own accord, like it had its own brain, and in a second, I was beside Gloss. He looked at me from the corner of his eyes and moved far away from me. Just from the simple action of him, he hurt me; it hurt me. But then I couldn't blame him. He kept looking at the fire, its reflection could be seen in his beautiful, breathtaking green eyes that I couldn't force myself to look away. The fiery color of the fire and his green eyes were a good combination. It's like a fire in the water. He shifted uncomfortably and gulped, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. His neck. God, even his neck is sexy. He looked at me and our eyes met, his green eyes boring into my royal blue ones. He frowned then tried to stand up, but my hand shot forward and caught his wrist, gripping it tightly. He looked at my grip, then looked at me, his brows furrowing as he did so. My mouth opened, ready to spill the words that I'd been dying to say, but it seemed like my vocal refused to do what it's supposed to do; to speak loud and clear, with emotions lingering in it. He waited for me to speak, but when he noticed my mouth wouldn't work, he shook his hand and my hand fell, lifeless. He shook his head and went upstairs, ignoring me.