Chapter 16: The End Of One

Chapter 16

Gloss Kaiser Schlund

The End Of One

The words spread faster than the lightning. Everyone murmurs, continues to look at me, as we walk on the junior's hallway. Kaila scrunches up her nose in confusion as she looks around her. Ashton is walking beside me, his bag strap on his left shoulder as he talks to Glen, one of our friends.

Shane runs over to me, panting and breathing hard as he looks at me. "Bro, is it true?"

"What is true?" I ask him as we continue to walk. The people keep staring at me as we walk. Wondering if I have a dirt on my face, I run a hand across my face and ask Kaila if there's something wrong with my face. She says nothing. "Again, what is true?"

"That you and Noah are brothers?" Shane continues, looking at me. My friends turn to look at me. We stop walking. My body feels numbed.

I don't know why that news came into this school. I don't know if Noah knows about this. He probably denied it to his friends. I can't lie to my best friends. Did Noah hear the rumor already? As if God has read my mind, Noah appears in front of me and grabs my wrist, him walking faster.

The people ahead start parting, making a way for us as Noah keeps leading me outside the school. The bell rings, signaling lunch break is over. But Noah keeps his firm grip around my wrist it's starting to hurt. He probably thinks that I'm the one who started the rumor. I have no idea about it. Although I knew sooner or later, eventually, everyone would know it; about Noah and I being brothers. Noah leads me to a secluded place, at the back of the school. We walk further. I have never gone here. Until now. Everything around me is unfamiliar and if Noah wasn't here, I would be lost.

Noah breaks his firm grip around my wrist and turns me around, his face telling me that he's not pleased. But why would I need to please him? It's not like he pleases me. I'm about to ask him about why we're here, that I'm not the one who started the rumors, when his lips stop me from doing so. He pushes me against the tree, and rests his hands on my waist. My hand immediately goes to his hair and grips it, tugging his brown hair. His hair so soft and smooth. My free hand rests on his shoulder as he tilts his head to the side, deepening the kiss. The butterflies in my stomach flutter. There is a firework blasting inside me, filling my chest with an overwhelming feeling as we continue to kiss. He bites my bottom lip and I gasp at the pain of pleasure. He takes the opportunity to slip his tongue inside me and our tongues clash, fighting for dominance. He wins. He tastes every corner of my mouth, every flesh, every muscles. He pulls away from the kiss and rests his forehead against mine, his royal blue eyes staring deeply into mine, as if he's looking into my soul with awe.

"I don't want to be your brother," he says breathlessly, his minty breath fanning my face. "I don't want you to be my brother."

I bite my bottom lip and stare at him. "Me too, Noah."

And just like that, we kiss again as he lifts me, wrapping my legs around his waist as he continues to kiss me passionately. I like Noah's lips on mine. I love the feeling of his hair being touched by my own hands. I love the way his broad shoulders relax when my hands rest onto it.

"They now know that you're my brother," he says as he pulls away. "I don't know who started that. It's not like I don't want them to know what's with us. I'm still figuring why I love to kiss your lips. Why I need to be with you all of a sudden."

"I haven't had the time to analyze my feelings for you," I say honestly at him as he drops me on the ground, my hands resting on his shoulders. "I don't want to analyze it. I'm scared about this."