Chapter 31: Crazy In Love

A/N: On the side bar is Sean O'Pry, as DEREK REID.

**********

Chapter 31

Noah Gerald Sky

Crazy In Love

Gloss can't remember any single thing about his life. He can't recall us. He doesn't know who we are, who I am, and what I am in his life. It hurts me to know that. At first, I thought he was just joking around and pulling another prank of me. He didn't. It's the truth. He really doesn't remember anything at all. Genny keeps sobbing, all the way to the doctor's office. Dad just keeps patting her back, whispering soothing and soft words in her ear as we walk.

We go inside Dr. Hamming's office, and she gestures for us to take a seat. We do as she says. She props her elbows on the literally sparkling glass table and clasps her hands as she looks at us, a diamon ring wrapped around her ring finger. Engagement ring.

"What happened to my son, Doc?" Genny asks as she wipes her tears with the back of her hand. "Why can't he remember anything?"

"He has a dissociative amnesia," Dr. Hamming states as she looks at us hopelessly. Worse. We all at her, not understanding what it means. "Dissociative amnesia, or a psychogenic amnesia, is one of a group of conditions called dissociative disorders. It means mental illnesses that involve disruptions of memory, conciousness, or awareness. Identity or perception. The brain, where his memories lie, is damaged. Subtype is Generalized amnesia, this amnesia involves the person's whole life. Dissociative amnesia occurs when a person blocks out certertain information, usually associated with a stressful or traumatic event. Like the accident. Leaving him unable to remember important personal information, like his name, friends, peers, parents. Anything. His memories still exist, but it is buried deep down within his mind. However, the memories might resurface on their own or after being triggered bt something in the person's surroundings. I need to perform a complete medical tests and physical examination on him. And diagnostic tests, too, such as X-rays and blood tests.

"Dissociative amnesia can be treated. This amnesia can affect him. It can affect his behavior, function, like social and work activities, and relationship. But like I said earlier, it can be treated. There are many treatments. Psychotherapy, Cognitive therapy, Medication, Family therapy, Creative therapies, and Clinical hypnosis. But I recommend Clinical hypnosis and Family therapy. Clinical hypnosis is a treatment method that uses intense relaxation, concentration and focused attention to achieve an altered state of conciousness, or awareness, allowing people to explore thoughts, feelings and memories they may have hidden from their concious minds. While Family treatment is a therapy that helps to teach the family about the disorders and its causes, as well as to help family members recognize symptoms of a recurrence.

"But I need to say this, for most people with this kind of amnesia, memories return with time. In some cases, however, the individuals are never able to retrieve their buried memories." Dr. Hamming states.

Hearing those facts about Gloss' condition is making me hopeless. But I don't want to lose Gloss. I want him to remember me. I want him to remember he loves me.

Because I love him.

And I'm ready to face the world together with him.

+++

It's been a week and Gloss' memories still haven't come back. Dr. Hamming performed a lot of tests on him, and so far, there's nothing wrong. Everyday, Kaila, Beau, Derek, and Ashton would come over in our house and visit Gloss. Sometimes, it would be Kevin and some of the jocks.