'Merley' (Meredith Grey/Miranda Bailey), eventual MerAdd, for Lesbi_Honest_FP

Author's Note: Lesbi_Honest_FP, hello there! This is for you...

Yes, I know that this pairing is rather (really!) absurd and unusual.

Yes, I recognize there are many reasons why it 'shouldn't' exist at all.

Yes, I realize this is completely out of left-field for me as I ship MerAdd.

But alas, this is for someone online who asked me specifically.

And I try to fulfill most prompt requests, even the hard ones.

It makes me a better writer to challenge myself at times.

So, here is this one-shot, as I mentioned to someone.

If you enjoy it, let me know. If you hate it, that's ok.

I have a love-hate relationship with this story, too.

Either way, or all the ways, here's another fic.

And I wish you well if you decide to read it.

Later today I will be by with something...

Something for "FABB" we really hope!

Have a good one, as always.

Light MerAdd implied, too.

Couldn't resist it, lol.

Yours, truly,

bobbiejelly

'Merley' (Meredith Grey/Miranda Bailey), eventual MerAdd (Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery), mostly for Lesbi_Honest_FP

Prompt: "I love the crack ship fluff even though I am doing Merley, maybe you can do a 1 shot of them. Merley is a name I came up with for Meredith and Bailey". Prompt from Lesbi_Honest_FP. F/F. Meredith Grey/Miranda Bailey. Eventual Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. MerAdd. Meddison. Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Rated T. Crackfic. Femslash. Rairpair. Hurt-Comfort. Angst. Friendship. One-Shot. Promptfic. Happy Ending.

*** This story is set during GA-S04-E13, "Piece Of My Heart" and also GA-S05-E16 as if both crossovers happened at the same time... Just go with it... You'll see... ***

"Are you okay?" Meredith Grey asks her boss and Chief Resident, Doctor Miranda Bailey as she sees her crying in the scrub room all alone, scrubbing some blood off her hands after her recent surgery.

"Oh, I'm alright, Grey, thanks, though," Bailey tries to shrug Meredith off right after she walked in on her almost in tears, even though she could use some comfort right now, and Meredith seems to be offering this.

"You don't look okay," Meredith says to her in a concerned tone.

She knows she's right. Meredith knows she's right about Bailey not being 'alright' and that's why she asked her that in the first place.

Meredith has no idea why her usually steadfast superior seems to be crumbling right now before her very eyes, but she is. Bailey is crumbling and she can really, really tell.

And more pressingly, Meredith realizes that she really really cares.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Meredith asks in a tender voice, just as she'd ask any of her close friends this same very question if they seemed to be hurting this hard.

"I don't even know what to say, Grey," Bailey sighs as she starts quivering all over her body.

Meredith finds herself wanting to hold onto her boss, now.