CHAPTER 4.

Dedicated to,NivedhaDhanashekar.

Sara's Pov

I was currently standing in front
of a massive white mansion with my bag in my left hand. I walked up to its huge door and press the door bell. The doors were opened by a old lady after five minutes. She had ocean blue eyes, white hair and her skin crumpled with wrinkles all over it.
"Good evening," I greet her as a respect to elders. "Good evening, if you don't mind may I ask who are you?" she asked in a low weak voice. "I am Sara, the new maid," I answered smiling back at her. "Right I remember little master told me about you, come inside," she ushered me in to the house. Once I was in she introduced herself, "How rude of me, I am Elizabeth Auberon and I am in charge of all the maids and their work in these house but unfortunately little master changed the policy to hire only one maid and that is you." I nodded in response not knowing what to say. "Well dear let me show you your room then I will show you around and your work,"she said walking ahead of me. I followed her as I passed numerous hallways taking various turns. She opened a door to a room which was small and cozy with light pink walls. In the middle was a single bed, on the opposite to it were two cupboard attached to the wall and next to them was a door which I guess to be the bathroom.

"Now we don't have the whole day to admire a room so could we move on with the schedule I have made for today," Elizabeth asked. "Yes Mrs. Auberon," I said keeping my bag on the floor I came out of the room and shut the door. "Don't call me that everyone here call's me Eliza so will you," she claimed. "But won't that count as a disrespect?" I questioned. "No dear I love to be called Eliza as my second name reminds me of my late husband," she said probably getting lost in her memories with her husband.

"Oh I am sorry -" "Oh dear it is not your fault all happens according to God's will," she said wiping a tear. Those words were enough to remind me the unknown reason of God's will in my case. "Okay now let me show you around," she commented as she walked in front of me. I must admit she is so strong for her age, she can walk without any support, I wonder how I will walk at her age. Later she showed me the house and my responsibilities of cleaning it. I unquestionably will get a hard time cleaning these mansion as I'm the only maid. Presently we were in the kitchen which was clean and well arranged. There was room next to the kitchen where all the cooking ingredients were stored accordingly and in that same room was a huge refrigerator where all the vegetables were stored.

"Could I ask you a question Sara?" she asked as we were standing by the kitchen platform. "Yes you may," I answered. "What did you do that landed you up to a huge mess that little master had to fire all the maids and just hire one?" she asked me not in a rude way but in a considerate way. "I.... I... stole a ring which I guess the ring was so close to Mr. Andrew,"I answered hesitating a little. " No... NO I DON'T BELIEVE THAT AT ALL,"she moreover talked to herself. "That is the truth," I try to make her believe me but she shook her head. "If you were saying the truth then you would be looking at my eyes and not be fiddling your fingers," she said coming next to me.
"A thief doesn-" I was cut off by her phone ringing. "Okay I got it bye," she said disconnecting the call. "Sara you got your first task in this house, you have to cook dinner, which is ...," she gave me my first task in which I could not even grasp the names. "Sorry could you repeat the names," I say removing my phone so that I could record the names of the dishes which I never knew existed.

"The Andrews are somehow epicure, moody if their food is tasteless, they are extremely on chilli and spiced up foods especially little master and today they are full on Russian dishes,"Eliza as she prefers explained further.
" So I guess you should start to cook as they have dinner at seven past thirty, I will be back I have some work to do," she said leaving me alone in the vast kitchen where I would have barely found a cooking pan if not for Eliza. They had a countless recipe books with numerous cuisines in them. I took out a Russian recipe book and searched for the listed dishes that I had to make.