Chapter 20.

《》《》《》《◇》《》《》《》

Sara's POV.

4th September, Saturday Evening.

I helped some of the small children to come out of the van.
The small boys had worn black or white suits while the small girls had worn black or white dresses. That was the dress code for the party either white or black.

I on the other hand had to wear a clown's costume to hide my face.

I gave out some few instructions to the children before entering the luxurious hotel.

1) To behave well and respect others because it was hosted by a  rich person so they are likely to encounter elites.
2) To call me Bozo not Sara.

I led them to the entrance of the hotel where the security guards threw weird glances at me. That was because of my dressing. I handed them the invitation card so that they could allow us in, one of the guard looked at the invitation card then at us.

"Sorry but you have worn a wrong dressing code so we can't allow you in," one of them spoke.
"I know that but the birthday girl loves clowns and I wanted to surprise her so..." I answered them.

"Well then...Anything for the birthday girl," all of them smiled at me and allowed me to enter.

I let the children take the lead and make sure none of them is lost.
Before they could disperse and go mingle with other children I instructed them to take care of each other and not fight. They weren't likely to get lost because the place had only one exit and entrance and the security was tight everywhere starting from the entrance to the exit.

We entered the hall where the party was to take place. I was leading the children to where the other children were as I listened to the judgment people were throwing on my clothing. Though it did not matter because at the end of the day I was going to make my princess more happy than she is today.

As a clown once I got attention of all the children they expected a performance from me so introduced myself as Bozo and performed a little bit of funny actions to make them laugh. I had to learn it today by watching videos. I just pray to God that I don't forget any step of my show when I do it for Shanaya otherwise it will create doubts in people's mind that I am not a professional clown.

I was still entertaining the children as I looked around to see people I have not seen for months except from Shanaya and Damien. Liam, Charlotte, Lucifer, Daniel and Jane (Daniel's parents), Eliza on a wheelchair and Aubree and her parents, they all seemed happy for the occasion. I am happy to see them happy and this will be my last time seeing all of them from tomorrow on I might leave this city: it is not safe for me to stay in the same city that they live in.

What was the most strange fact was that Eliza was on a wheelchair, even if I stayed a few days with her I know she is too healthy and energetic to be in a wheelchair. As much as I wanted to know what happened to her I couldn't, my identity in the party wouldn't allow me in addition to it Damien won't allow me.

Lucifer and Charlotte were talking as they laughed and Lucifer would occasionally pull her close to him meaning they were dating or married. Liam, Daniel and Jane were talking with their friends. "Bozo you have done that again please do something else," one of the elite's child pleaded bringing back my focus back to being Bozo and not Sara.

Thank to my nervous thoughts, I learnt some extra moves that I used to beguile them.

"Ladies and Gentlemen it is time to welcome the birthday girl, Shanaya Andrews," the host announced as everyone clapped and cheered. I brought out my camera reaanddy to shoot the video of her descending the staircase which was in the front of the hall directly connected to the stage.

She stood on the top most stair and looked at her family which was standing near the stage. I controlled my legs not to run up to her and hug the life out of her.

She had worn a light pink floor-length dress that was fading into black from her knee and a light make-up consisting of pink lipstick and smoky eyeshadow. She looked an absolute princess wearing a billionaire smile on her lips. Her smile can win every person's heart in these hall, she is flawless.

My heart sipped into a world of peace seeing her these happy, she has never been these happy in her entire lifetime even when she was with me. Her smile reassured me that she was more happy staying in a normal family where she would get both parents and grandparents love. She looked at the others and waved at them and started descending the stairs holding Damien's hand. On the other side Damien had worn a royal black tuxedo what made it more unique was the small golden printed designs on the tuxedo. His smile was the same as Shanaya's making them recognizable as father-daughter.

Frankly, I feel ashamed of myself because I could never provide all this surprises for Shanaya also I feel I did the right choice by handing her over to Damien because he can make her more happy than I could. However, I feel hurt because I cannot join her during her birthday celebration but only to watch from afar.

Once she was on the stage, Aubree joined them and held Shanaya's other free arm; they looked a complete perfect family, something I couldn't give to Shanaya even if I wished.

I gulped down my saliva and also the truth that Shanaya is now Aubree's daughter so I should stop considering her as my daughter. I took a few sips of water to calm down my pacing heart which faced the truth or fact. I couldn't take it anymore so I was about to go to the washroom when someone talked over the mic.

"My princess take a shine to clowns and seeing there is one among us she wants to meet her, please come forward," Damien announced. I wiped my tears and turned around to walk up to the stage. I waved to everyone in front of me as Bozo but when I turned to her I greeted her as Sara.

"I have a surprise for you," I told her and made her sit on one of the chairs as I performed my special show that took me an entire day to prepare. Looking at Shanaya all my nervousness disappeared and I made her laugh together with others until tears were visible in her eyes. After I was done performing everyone clapped and cheered for me while Shanaya walked up to me and hugged me saying a thank you.

All this time when I was performing one thing I noticed was that everyone was cheering and laughing but Damien, he held a look of figuring something; figuring who I am? Not even once did he even laugh he was just gazing at me intently.

I exited the stage and went to the restroom to calm my pacing heart. It was pacing because my princess hugged me in so many months. She also looked healthy from the last time I saw her. My feelings were beyond words, no word could describe it. I did not want to miss this moments so I returned back to the hall. All the children had surrounded her as they talked and laughed. I wanted to also capture this moment so I kept my hand in my pocket to remove the camera but alas, I did not find it.

I started tensing as I strode towards the place I was standing before going to the stage. I almost ended up searching the hall until someone pulled me out of the hall and into one of the hotel rooms. Before I could resist my mouth got zipped on its own.

IT WAS HIM HOLDING MY CAMERA.

  《》《》《》《◇》《》《》《》

Hey, I know it has been too long since I updated this book but I am sorry my life is a mess. Just get the word mess, not boyfriend and girlfriend issue (heck I don't even want those ones they are boring) but too much fights and defence. I mean verbal fights not physical 😂😂😂. Also study loads.

I am sorry once more anyway thanks for being patient.