I'm Here With You...

.::Reagan::.

The day of Love.

From the time that Riley and I can remember my dad made sure that we knew what this day was all about. He started with the simple bears and then the cards with little notes. He graduated to buying us jewelry and then taking us out on little dinners. He always said that a guy should supersede him doing this for us. That every Valentine's Day should just be an extension of the love he already gives you on a daily basis. 

Riley swore that she had found that guy that almost matches Dad's stride. I wasn't too sure if I have.

Now, the day of love was now being over shadowed with the present predicament I had found myself in. I was currently sitting in my toilet and watching my phone tick on by.

It said that I had to wait 10 minutes. 

After talking to Riley, she told me not to worry and I tried to.

Really tried.

I blocked it out of my mind and tried putting my best foot forward. I had even given Brandon a chance. I had went out on a couple of friendly dates with him and I truly enjoyed it. He was really a nice guy. All of what I had expected. He was kind, funny, talkative and very observant at times.

The thing is, he started to pick up on when I was sick.

I had felt ill a couple of times on the days when we went out. I would just be fine and before I know it, I am filled with nauseous. I had become extremely disgusted with the smell of his cologne and even told him it. He assumed it was because it was new and not the one he had been wearing when we first met, hence the reason it wasn't my favorite, but we all knew that wasn't the case.

You can dislike a cologne, but be completely gross out by it was red flags for something else.

It was yesterday when I finally mustered up the courage to go to the store. My heart felt like it was clawing out of my chest as I walked through the aisle.

I have never in my life did this before.

I wanted to read to make sure that I get the correct one, but my nerves was so shot I ended up getting 3 boxes and scurrying over to the cashier. She smiled at me and I grimaced at her. By the time, she handed them over to me, my palms were dripping in sweat. When I got home, I figured that was enough nerve wrecking for me and decided I will finish this mission tomorrow.

Tomorrow was today and as I look at my phone, it was time.

I stood up and by default shut my eyes when I arrived at the sticks. My breathing had accelerated and I was coming with the grips that I really didn't want to know.

Knock, knock.

I jumped a foot into the air. My heart felt as though it was going to burst.

"Hey, Reagan. You okay?" Ashlin's voice came through the door and I breathed out a sigh of relief. My eyes still not searching anywhere on the counter.

I still wasn't ready.

I need support.

Yeah.

That.

I need support.

I flung the door open to a shock faced Ashlin and pulled her inside.