Chapter IX

Katniss P.O.V.

"Well, this explains why your sick," Caleb chuckles.

My eyes bulge out of my head. On the monitor, there was my stomach but there was something in it- a baby. "What? I'm-I'm pregnant!" I say to him. "Yes, you are," he smiles.

I look to Peeta his face is pale and surprised. Then he looks at me and his face softens, he smiles and holds my hand. I coul'dnt help but to smile back. Then I thought of the baby and how when we go back how endangered it will be.

"I'm going to throw up" I barf on the floor. "Katniss," Peeta says and gets me a towel. He cleans my face as Caleb calls the janitor. He looks at me in the eyes and suddenly it's only me and him in the room.

"Its' going to be okay, I promise".

Nod in response and look at the monitor again. "What is it?" I ask.

"Well," he looks at the monitor and moves the thing around my belly. "It seems to be a girl," he says. I look at Peeta and see that his smile lights up the room.

"Is this like for real!" Diana squeals and hugs me. "Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you!" she smiles at me.

I look over to see Gale smiling as well. Am I smiling? Should I be smiling? I felt scared and happy and surprised and so many emotions that my thoughts became cloudy.

I look over to Peeta. "Well, at least I'm not dead".

~~

Everyone did an ultra sound after me and then Caleb sat us down in a room with a hospital bed and a couch to tell us something.

"Okay none of you are showing the symptoms except for the fever yet, luckily they may never happen because we might be able to get you home in time," he says to us.

"Wait, might be able to? What happens if we stay longer than expected?" Peeta says sternly.

"Do'nt fret, we do have a temporary cure that would work until you guys go home safely, but since there has been only a hand full of people on the trial. None of witch where, pregnant," everyone turns to me.

"What if I take it? Will it hurt my baby?" I ask.

"Well, we are not entirely sure there is a very low chance but it is possible, witch is why only if we are despite we will give you guys the serum," he says looking at all of us.

"So, we just suppose to sit around and wait until we have a way to get back home?" Gale asks.

Caleb nods, "It could take a matter a months, but in this case the symptoms will start to happen in about in two months, it will happen slowly but when they hit it will happen fast," he explains.

"What exactly are the symptoms?" Peeta asks.

Caleb goes to open his mouth but Diana interrupts him. "First it's fevers, then bumps on your arms. Next you start to hear things that are'nt there witch follows hallucination then you go insane. But, if you doing hallucinate you always feel pain," she says her face expressionless. She looks straight at the wall not making eye contact.

"Well yes but we have things to help now Diana, I know it's hard but don't get mad at your dad he just wanted to-" he gets cut off again. "To protect me? Yeah, you know what he wanted to do? He wanted to stay and he left me behind to do it," she spits at him.

"Anymore questions?" Caleb asks us.

"No," Gale, Peeta, and I say in unison. He nods and gives us a wave as he stands up and walks out the door.

All of us sit there in silence for a while.

Gale turns to Diana, "You know, my dad died when I was around your age, he worked in the mines. There was an accident and it killed Katniss'es father to," He says. I look at Diana who is looking at me to. "It's okay to be mad, just don't be mad forever, okay?" I say.

"Okay".

~~

Tris P.O.V.

I sit on my porch and watch the sun slowly fall into the sky. The sky was a pinkish-orange and looked absolutely beautiful.

I live on the fourth floor so i like to let my feet hand off the edge next to the railing when I watch the sun go down. I start to think of Caleb again.

"Hey," I hear Tobias's voice from behind me.

I turn around and smile. I look up at him and he leans in to give me a kiss.

"Hi," I say back.

He sits next to me but does'nt let his feet dangle like I am. "So, you okay?" he asks.

"Yes...." I say.

"Okay well I'm going to pick up some food want to come?" he asks me.

"No thanks I'm just going to watch tonight," I reply.

He pecks me on the check. "Okay ill be back soon bye". I hear the front door close behind him.

I sigh and look at my engagement ring. My engagement ring. Am I spending the rest of my life with Tobias Eton? I smile a bit.

I hear the front door open and close quickly. I turn around to see it was Christina with an "I-told-you-so-face and a stupid grin. I stand up.

We look at each other for a few seconds then she screams. "Ahhhh! Oh my god Beatrice Prier! Your going to be married!" she jumps up and down giddily. "Or, should I say Beatrice Eaton?" she squeals.

I roll my eyes and smile at her. Then, I get this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Mrs.Eaton?" I say. Christina nods. We both scream. I jump with Christina giddily. We both fall on the ground laughing.

"You know, I would'nt have thought I would be the first to get married," I say.

Christina rolls her eyes. "Ever since you talked to Four everyone knew you guys where meant to be, we just did'nt realize it until "the war" was starting".

I nod and remeber when I first met him. He looked younger than he does now, more Innocent back then. I remember he pulled me out of the net after I jumped first and asked me what my name was. When I became Tris.

___________________________________________________

HELLOOOO okay so yeah I know that chapter was kind-of all over the place I'm sorry it's close to chrismat so I've been busyoing through big stuff. I know Katniss and Tris are'nt this girly but hey tag @WinterMessages to help me write!! Okay yeah so HAPPY HOLIDAYS! COMMENT AND VOTE:)

Who do you guys like better? Shailene or Jenifer?