Chapter VIII

Dianas P.O.V.

"What do you mean he can't see us until tomorrow!" I say frustrated looking up at Johanna. "Look, he is busy and I did'nt tell him who he was going to see," she says hesitantly. I furrow my eyebrows "What? why not?" I say. "Remember when your dad told people he did'nt belong? There where to many people around him I could'nt risk that again," she says sternly. I look up at the ceiling and take a deep breath. "Alright, well it's getting dark out and we need somewhere to sleep," I say aggravated. "Okay uh well here are keys to an empty apartment in Chicago," she says hanging me a golden key on a chain. "Okay, thank you," I smile at her and turned to walk out the doors we came out of.

They where quiet the whole time most likely because they had no idea what I was talking about.

"Diana is Jackson William your father?" Katniss asked me.

"Yeah, he was".

"Come on lets get on the next bus to Chicago," I say.

We all walk toward a sign with a bus on it and wait on a bench.

"He was the one who wrote this book?" Gale asks me taking out a small blue book from his pocket. "Yeah," I say I force a smile on my face and look out towrd the street. I knew they wanted answers, and they knew I could give it to them, but I won't until they ask. I see two lights come closer and stand up knowing it was the bus. Katniss, Gale and Peeta follow my lead still silent. The doors open and we all walk on, it's empty exsept for the bus driver. We find seats in the back and sit down. Now that I look out the window everything is dark except for the occasional street lights or buildings. "It's going to be a while about 45 minute drive just by-the-way guys," I say. They all nod, now im getting annoyed from the silence.

"Look I know you guys are confused just ask okay?" I say to them. "Tell us.." Gale hesitates. "Tell us your story," he says slowly. I nod and think of how I will start. I look at Katniss and Peeta and see they are waiting too. I take a deep breath and start thinking back to when I was little.

"I remember when I was younger I lived in district 13. My dad and I where talking about all the cool things we could do when we went to Panem. But, of course when he came back they rejected him. He felt like this world was to judgmental and he wanted to take me away to a happier place, he thought any place was better than here. So, that's what he did. I remember how smart he was and he built the portal with help from his friend Jacob- whom I called Uncle Jake. When we got through to this dimension he had a book with him wririntg down pretty much everything he saw. That's the book he wrote. When we where out here thank god we did'nt go to the factions or my dad would have hated the labels they put on everyone. But, I do remember how fascinated he was by the people dedicated their life's to the experiment. My dad had to lie though, for me and him, we don't have perfect jeans but my dad earned their trust so they believed him. In about a year or so people found out we did'nt belong because we kept getting random fevers and becoming sick. They tested us and said if we wanted to live, we would have to go back home," I say. A tear slides down my cheek and I take another deep breathe. I start to cry. "M-my dad said we had to go one at a time when it was time to leave and- he said he would be there soon. But, he stayed to fix him self. To make it so he would'nt be sick. And left me at home with my mother. And I have'nt seen him since,". I was sobbing now thinking about how he left me alone with my mother. Katniss moved over a seat and held me in her arms. I sat on her lap and cried into her shoulder. "Shh, shh, it's okay," she said soothingly in my ear. She rocked me back and fourth and I eventually stopped crying.

~

When the bus finally got there we all got off and apolgized for not being able to tip him. I directed them to the apartment building and walked up to room 126 holding the gold hey in my right hand. the hotel seemed new but had an old smell to it that apently did'nt agree with Katniss's stomah because she threw up in the bath room when we got up to the room. What did she eat? there where two beds each of them where made. So I had to take off my shoes and jump on it. Gale did the same thing and started to jump with me. Katniss and Peeta where still in the bathroom probably getting cleaned up. When they walked out, they laughed at us and said we should get some sleep. Me and Gale pouted and stoped jumping. "Fine," we said in unison. Katniss turned off the light and cuddled next to Peeta in the bed. Me and Gale got under the covers and I slowly fell asleep dreaming of my dad.

Gale P.O.V.

I wake up with Diana in my arms. Light is coming through the window and I squint. I look over Diana shoulder and see Katniss in Peeta's arms in the other bed. If it was a few years ago I would have felt a pang in my chest and would have hated Peeta all day but, now it does'nt happen. I think when we find a way back, I will stay. I felt like starting over. I hear Diana yawn and she rubs her eyes, she squints at the light as well "Close the blinds," she groans to me and turns the opposite direction of the window. I get up slowly and make my way to the window to close the blinds. Diana gets out of bed and pounces on Peeta and Katniss. She giggles and pounces on top of them. "Wake up!" she yells and gets in the middle of them. "I laugh and watch. Katniss wakes up with a jolt and her eyes wide open, she is taking deep breaths and seems to be sweating. Peeta wakes up and holds her in her arms. She calms down and looks at Diana. "Sorry, I-I just had a nightmare," she says shakily. "It's okay Katniss," she says with a sad smile. "Let's go see Caleb, he'll help us get back home," she says. We all got ready the best we could since we did'nt plan on spending the night. I walked out first and held the door. Diana locked it and we walked down the quiet hall way out to the waiting room. Diana directed us to the bus stop again and we waited on a bench for the bus. Katniss and Peeta where whispering to each other they where both smiling. "You guys are so cute!" Diana squeals and sits on Peetas Lap. We all laugh a little bit and then wait in silence. We hear the bus coming down the road and it stops in front of us.We walk on and see People occupying our seats. There where three people. There was one girl that caught my eye. She had dark skin and brown hair that went to her shoulder and her eyes where a dark brown. She looked at me and we made eye contact. I felt a jolt go through me and my face get hot. I looked away embarrassed. A few minutes later I looked back over to her and she was looking at me. Her lips formed a beautiful smile, and I smiled back. On the next stop when people where getting on she switched to the seat next to me. Surprised, I looked over to her.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Hi"

"I'm Gale," I hold out my hand.

"I'm Christina," she takes my hand and shakes it.

Her hands where soft and warm. We looked at each other for what seemed like a long time. She blushed and I probably did too. "So, I've never seen you here before, are you from the factions?" she asks. "Uh yeah," I lie. "Witch one...?" she asks. "I'm from uh- Abnegation," I lie. "Oh right...." she says. Shoot she knows I'm ling. The bus stops and she looks over to the people she was sitting with. "Well, uh- I was nice meeting you- oh and I'm from Candor so I can tell when someone is ling. Bye." she says and gives me a flirty smile. Before she gets off the bus she gives me a look. As the bus drives away I watch her disappear behind the bus. I look back to see Katniss smriking at me.

"What?"

"You know what," she says

"It was justa polite conversation," I say.

Katniss rolls her eyes "Can't wait unill we see mysery girl again," she teases. I shake my head and my face gets hot. I think about Christina the rest of the bus ride. When we finally got there Diana ran inside to this guy sitting on one of the couches. "Caleb!" she says. "Diana, don't yell like that not alot of people know you here!"

_______________________

HEYYY SOOOOOO OMG MORE THAN 100 reads now yay!:) thank you guys! Do what do u think about me putting Chole Moretz for Diana? It's just a thought so I could add her to the cast members thing. Okay thanks bye!:) She's like a mini Taylor swift don't you think? Oh yeah and sorry about the ening lol it kinda sucks i just got tired and You know so yeah