Chapter 11: Delirious (Day 4) Edited

The room was warm and attained a positive feel.

You opened your eyes ever so slightly and yawned. The sun had just peaked over the edge of the earth to mesmerize you with its utter compassion and faithfulness to its role. It was so important to the rest of the world, and it never gave up on its duty. What if the sun went disappearing? Would everything fall into chaos? Maybe there would be a new light to fill its empty place. Would the moon take over? A moon that lasted all day, with no sleep or rest... Wouldn't it just get tired as well? Then everyone would ask why they both left with nowhere to be found. But was the sun really that important? Couldn't people evolve to survive without it? It wasn't like the darkness was scary.

Did you oversleep?

You checked the time on your phone and saw that you had fifteen minutes before you had to jump in the car and leave. Therefore, you had to check on Jeff and make sure that he was up. But if he was, wouldn't he have woken you up too?

"Jeff?!" you called, stumbling out of the room. "Are you up?"

No response.

So you ran like a bullet down the stairs and found yourself face-to-face with the cold ice surrounding crystal-like eyes.

"I am now," Jeff yawned.

That moment mattered to you more than you ever could have imagined. You felt the need to remember every single aspect of every day with this guy. But why? There were no time limits... There were no endings. In fact, it was only the beginning. You were about to fly to Paris and experience something you've never been able to do before. The city of love- that's where you wanted to be. Imagine all the pictures... The streets at night, and the stars in the illuminated sky... Magnificently beautiful. But why did everything seem beautiful? His eyes were beautiful. His thoughtfulness was beautiful. The clock on the wall was just... beautiful.

"I'll go grab my stuff," you muttered.

"Arighty."

You were having trouble carrying the suitcase you meticulously placed near the top of the stairs the night before, so Jeff took it down without a problem.

"Are you nervous?" he asked.

"Of course not," you said.

You began to make your way back down the wooden steps, but your sock slipped from the friction and you fell through the air. Your hair flew with the wind from the window as a shiver circled the serpent in your spine, and weightlessness overcame your body. Closing your eyes with instinct, you felt an impact with two warm arms.

"You really need to be more careful. One more hit on that head of yours and you can count on your memories never returning."

He was right. You were so careless around him. The one thing you wanted to remember could sacrifice your goal altogether. Wasn't that pretty ironic? That it could be the death of you? But don't get carried away... You were sure that everything would work out in the end. It was your destiny, and as long as you didn't do anything to change the situation dramatically, you would be fine.

"Sorry," you mumbled.

The airport wasn't too far away, so the car ride was less than silent. You just thought different thoughts and dreamt about different dreams. You counted the number of trees that passed by and how many red cars made left turns. Every bird you saw in the sky was tallied and all the stoplights you got to breeze through received a line through the humidity of the car window. You watched your cold breaths take flight every time you breathed just so that you could wonder why the warm body it came from had to leave it so chilled. Why did you? Your heat couldn't stay with it longer?