Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

Hank stood a few meters away from chicken feed, in the early morning of November 11th. The sun was still rising and little particles of snow still fell.

Me and Connor found Hank and approached him. Hank turned to see us. We stopped a few feet in front of him holding hands.

Hank smiled at us and I let go of Connor's hand and ran to him and threw my arms around him. Hank chuckled and held me tightly, swaying side to side a bit. I took in his smell that I've come accustomed to over the years and found comfort in it.

Hank looked up at Connor and smiled at him and moved an arm out, welcomingly. Connor smiled back and walked into his embrace. The three of us hugged each other but stayed silent.

We all pulled away, smiling brightly. "I'm glad you two are safe. I was worried something would go wrong." Hank expressed his concern. "Welp nothing went wrong thankfully. We ended up helping a lot." I looked at Connor and smiled at him.

"So, now the androids are free, huh? Good for them. They deserve it." Hank nodded his head at Connor. "I'm happy my people are free. I can't believe I was a deviant hunter once...trying to stop them from trying to be free." Connor recalled his past function.

"Now you're a deviant and free. And that's what matters most." Connor smiled and leaned down and kissed me. Hank cleared his throat loudly. "Right, you two are together now. Finally."

"What do you mean finally?!" I asked. "Well I knew from the start that you liked Connor. And he seemed to like you too. So I was secretly hoping you two got together." Hank smirked.

"What- you knew I liked him? How?" "Well you stared a lot and seemed to really enjoy talking to him. I'd catch you blushing and shit like that." I face palmed myself. "Connor did you know too?"

"Hmm...I suspected it but I thought it was you actually being kind. But I had some hope you did." Connor kissed my forehead. I blushed and looked away. "A-anyway, my funeral will start in 2 hours. So maybe we should go home and get ready?" I suggested.

Hank's face fell when I mentioned my funeral. "Oh yeah...your funeral. So they're going to bury your body and that's it?" I nodded. "Alright...this is gonna feel so wrong." "I know, it already feels wrong. But all we can do now is move on." I put my hand in Hank's shoulder.

After a little talk Hank drove me and Connor back to my place and he drove back to his. I walked up to the door and stopped. I then realized Avena had no idea that I died and I was now an android. She was probably worrying sick that I didn't come home for two days. After I promised her I was going to be safe.

"Are you okay (y/n)?" Connor fished me out of my thoughts. I turned to him a little startled. "Y-yeah! I'm okay....let's go in." I unlocked my front door and entered my house. "Welcome home (y/n). I noticed you haven't been back for two days." Val said.

"Oh, I had a lot of things I had to do." I lied for now. I took off my shoes and walked further into my home. "Avena?" I called. "Avena is in the garden." Val informed.

"Thanks." I said and walked to the patio door and looked through it. Avena was indeed in the garden. She was sitting on a stone bench in the middle of it, admiring the sun rise. A faint smile appeared on my lips and I opened the glass door and stepped out into the cold atmosphere.

Connor decided to stay inside the house to give me and my mother some space. She hasn't noticed me yet so I continued to approach her. I walked over the little stone bridge that went over the small pond I had. I followed the marble pathway to the centre of the garden.

Avena heard me coming and turned her head to see me. "(Y/n)!" She sprang up from the bench and wrapped her arms around me. I held her back and rested my head on her shoulder. "(Y/n) my beautiful girl...I'm so happy to see you again! I know what happened to you...Hank informed me a day ago." Avena sniffed.