Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

I walked into the office and went straight to the break room. Apparently I missed an investigation last night.

It was a homicide involving a cyber life android. Me and Hank are partners that investigate homicides together. I just hope he was there at the scene to fill in my absents.

I entered the break room to see Gavin sitting at a table talking with Tina. I made a B line for the coffee machine and poured myself some coffee.

I heard someone approach me from behind and that's when I knew who it was. "Hey (y/n), you're looking hot today." Gavin tried flirting.

I rolled my eyes and continued to make my coffee, ignoring him. "Ignoring me are we? Oh come on baby, you know we'd make such a good couple."

I felt a hand firmly grip my ass. I tensed up as i quickly turned around and sucker punched Gavin in the face. "Hands off fucker!"

He immediately let go of me and stumbled back, holding his nose. I grabbed my coffee and turned to leave.

Then suddenly i was grabbed by the arm and yanked back. "You little bitch! You'll regret that!" Gavin snarled. A stream of blood travelled down his lips and chin.

I glared at him and leaned in. "Gavin, I'm not in the fucking mood for this! Messing with me is the worst idea right now. Unless you want to be fucked up, I suggest you let me go!" I threatened.

Gavin glared right back at me and let go. I glared at him for a little longer before turning to leave.

I sighed as Hank's desk came into view. To my surprise, Hank was there but he was holding an android by the collar up against the divider.

I hurried over to him to intervene. "Hank, what the hell is happening here?!" I questioned as I looked between the android and Hank.

Hank looked at me then back at the android then let him go. "This plastic asshole pissed me off." Hank grumbled.

I was about to say something in response, but Chris came up behind us and gave us some news. "Lieutenant, Detective- Uh, sorry to disturb you...but I have information on that AX400 that attacked that guy last night...it's been seen in the Ravendale district."

I looked at Chris a little confused but then I heard Hank say, "we're on it." I turned to him even more confused as Chris left.

"Wait I'm so confused...did I miss anything?" I asked. "Yeah lots, we're assigned to all deviant cases. Which is total bullshit..." the last part Hank mumbled to himself.

"And we have a plastic prick now." Hank nodded his head in the direction of the android, who was staring at me. "Hello, my name is Connor. I'm the android sent by cyber life." Connor smiled at me.

"Come on, we have a case now." Hank said and began walking away. I was caught off guard so I ran over to my desk, put my bag down, and turned to leave, coffee in hand.

"Nice to meet you Connor! I'm (F/n) (L/n)." I introduced myself and smiled at Connor. I have to admit...he's really handsome. We started walking side by side, following Hank a little ways behind.

"You're the lieutenants partner, correct?" Connor asked me. I looked at him, "yup." I sipped my coffee.

"Why were you absent from the crime scene last night?" He curiously asked. I sighed and faced forward. " I fell asleep when I got home last night. I was so tired I couldn't help but pass out." I chuckled in embarrassment as we left the building and got to Hank's car.

I lifted the passenger seat for Connor to climb into the back and put it back when he went back. I sat in the seat and closed the door. Hank started the car and drove off. "So...last night I was at the crime scene without my partner for the first time in a while...you feeling alright, (y/n)?" Hank glanced at me expectantly.