Chapter 4

(Y/n)'s POV

I opened my eyes to see I was in my bedroom. Avena sat by my bed watching me. I blinked a few times and groaned, feeling my head. There was a big bandage covering the side of my forehead and I felt dizzy.

"Mom? What happened?..."I asked Avena as I turned to her. Of course I wouldn't call my android mom in front of Connor. He would think she is a deviant and try to take her away. I usually called her mom because she is literally my mom but immortalized. Except she doesn't know anything about when I was young.

"O-oh, um, you were hit on the head by a metal pole so Hank and Connor brought you here." Avena elaborated.

"Oh...I wonder what happened to those deviants...where did the boys go?" I asked. "Hank said he wanted to go to that one park. Connor went with him."

I nodded softly which made my head hurt. I got up out of my bed only to be held in place by Avena. "I'm sorry (y/n) but you have to stay in bed and rest. You have a mild concussion."

I sighed and looked Avena in the eyes. "Please mom, I have to go see them. I'll go there and be right back okay?" Avena was silent for a bit until she sighed. "Okay, you can go but be right back okay? Take a taxi there and have one of them escort you back."

I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you...I love you mom..." Avena hugged me back and rested her head on mine carefully "I love you too...".  We hugged for a while then I left. I made sure to order a taxi.

10 minutes later I arrived at the park Hank usually goes to. It was lightly snowing and it was a little cold. Good thing I brought my jacket.

I stepped out of the taxi and immediately felt dizzy, I bent over and rested my hands on my knees and breathed in.

I looked up to see Hank sitting on top of a park bench with Connor standing in front of him. I stood up and walked over to them. Hank got up and said some things to Connor then all of a sudden he pulled out a gun and pointed it at Connor.

My eyes widened at the action and ran towards them. They some how didn't hear me approaching them but they definitely noticed when I stood in front of Hank's gun.

"(Y/n)?! What are you doing here? I thought Avena was taking care of you." Hank said surprised as he lowered his gun. I felt my eyes start getting watery. The gun Hank held looked like the one he tried killing himself with. I have to have a talk about that.

"Hank?! What are you doing?! You can't kill Connor just because he pissed you off!" I raised my voice then winced because it hurt my head. I held my head and groaned.

"Take it easy (y/n)...let's-" Hank was about to put his hand on my shoulder but I slapped it away. "Hank. Why were you trying to kill your self?! Playing Russian roulette! Didn't I talk to you about that? Don't you care about me or sumo?! You rather just die and leave me alone?! I get that it hurts that Cole is gone. Trust me I'm hurting too about that. But you have to move on...and stay to take care of me! I still need you Hank!!" My voice broke.

Tears rolled down my cheeks while I stared, angry and hurt at Hank. My vision began to get blurry and I felt light headed. I fell back but fell against Connor. He grabbed my shoulders to steady me. "Are you okay (y/n)?" Connor asked.

I said nothing as I stared at the ground crying.        "(Y/n)...I'm so sorry...Sometimes the hurt gets too much and I just want to join Cole...in the moment I forget that I have to take care of you. Your a 33 year old woman but...I have to be that father figure you need." Hank said as he pulled me into a strong hug.

I squeezed Hank and sobbed into his shoulder. "I promise I won't try to kill myself..."he mumbled to me which reassured me. "Good. Your the only father figure I have...and if I lose you...I'd-" I choked up a bit, more tears gushed out of my eyes.