Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s POV

After jumping from the ship, we got onto dry land and debated where we should go. All the androids met up and we went to a near by abandoned church for refuge.

Me and Connor walked side by side in silence. I had gotten shot in the side of my abdomen but wasn't visible due to me wearing a black turtleneck. I wasn't going to tell him this because I didn't want to worry him. Also because I haven't been hurt yet as an android...and it was weird. It's not like I can feel pain anyway.

"Connor, are you a deviant now?" I turned my head to look at him. He looked at me and smiled. "Yes." He simply said. His answer made me smile too. "I was hoping one day you would become deviant...now that day is today and I'm really happy."

Connor's smile got bigger. It melted my heart. We arrived at the church and everyone piled in. Connor walked over to a corner and leaned against a pillar and kept his gaze to the ground. "What's wrong?" I asked and stood in front of him.

"It's just...it's my fault that Jericho was attacked...and it led to it being sunken..."Connor trailed off. I placed my hand on Connor's shoulder, making him look up at me. "It's not your fault. You didn't know the humans where tracking you...all that matters now is that mostly everyone is safe and we're moving forward for the better." I grabbed both Connor's hands and held them.

Connor's face suddenly filled with concern. "Speaking of which, were you hurt during the escape?" He looked over me. "U-uhm no. I'm fine." I lied and covered it up with a smile. Connor looked me in my eyes. "Are you sure? Are your systems fully operational?" Connor put one of his hands on my shoulder and continued to hold my hand with the other.

"That has never been said to me before...but yes I think so...I'm not quite used to this body yet." "That's why I'm asking. Is there any alerts telling you anything?" Connor persisted.

I looked away. "N-no. I'm fine. There's nothing telling me otherwise." That's an even bigger lie. There was an alert in my sights telling me in losing blue blood. And that a biocomponent was hit. Maybe I should say something...

"Okay, that's good...I'm glad you're safe." Connor placed a hand on my cheek, cupping it. I blushed and looked him in the eyes. "I'm glad you're safe too.." we both stared at each other, feeling that familiar warm feeling. Then suddenly Connor's lips were on mine. I was a little surprised at first but soon melted into the kiss.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the little moment out of time. Connor pulled away with a small smile on his lips. I looked down at our intertwined fingers and noticed our android skin was showing. I looked back up at him and smiled.

He pulled me into a strong hug. I snaked my arms around him and snuggled my head into his chest. "I love you, Connor."I whispered to him."I love you too, (y/n)." Connor whispered back to me.

We stayed like that until we heard someone approach us. We let go of each other and stood beside one another. Markus stood a few feet from us.

Connor's POV

I was immediately pulled out of my daze with (y/n) when I saw Markus. I felt incredibly bad for what happened to jericho and the androids that didn't make it.

"It's my fault the humans managed to locate jericho...I was stupid. I should've guess they were using me..." I felt (y/n) put her hand on my back reassuringly. I moved toward Markus and stopped 3 feet in front of him.

"I'm sorry Markus....I can understand if you don't decide to trust me." I looked him in the eyes. "You're one of us, now. Your place is with your people." Markus said before turning to leave.

"There are thousands of androids in the CyberLife tower. If we can wake them up they can shift the balance of power..."I said and Markus turned back to me."you want to infiltrate the CyberLife tower? Connor, that's suicide."