~|Fresh Start|~

~✨~
My heart was beating.
Real fast.
I wasn't scared though. Just thrilled. Finally, we were in Marbella. We had landed from Salamanca, and I was so excited to be here, to start my internship. We were being driven to the address we had chosen to rent as we stayed in Marbella. I was gazing out the window of the taxi, taking in the fresh new air of this new city. It was calm yet lively, quite busy but welcoming. I had a thing for fresh starts... This place didn't look bad after all.
"Naliyah?" she called out.
"Yes, abuela?" I turned to face her, and a worried look was plastered on her aging yet glamorous face.
"Are you okay?" She asked, her voice full of concern.

I was super excited.

" I'm fine, I'm okay,"
"You know, if you want we could go back to Salama-"

What the hell was she talking about?

" No, no, no, I'm okay, trust me. It's nothing to worry about, I promise," I told her, reaching out to hold her hand in mine. I squeezed it, threw her a smile and she smiled back. It was sorted out. The cab driver announced that we had arrived. We got out of the car and I stretched. The scene before me was breathtaking. I reached out to my buddy, my camera, the one my mother gifted me when I was twelve, and took some pictures. I'd document them later. I walked to the trunk to take our luggage. Fishing out our things and taking them to the fourth floor was a huge deal, but Mr. Luke, the cab driver, was there offering to help us. I rolled my eyes.

What had granny done this time?

"Abuela?" I called out to her. She turned to me with a cheeky smile on her lips, while I playfully glared at her.
My grandmother was the kind that lured people to help her with literally anything. Be it helping her with shopping bags, or a scratch on her back where she couldn't reach with her fingers, she loved to be helped. It was however young people only. Luke's case here clearly, was no different. We used the elevator and marched towards house number 405. The house was simple, not expensive. Each floor of this apartment had ten houses in it, five on each side, each house with two floors. Luke left, and it was a miracle granny didn't ask him to help us set up the few things we had, since it was fully furnished, or worse, ask him to stay for dinner. I didn't want to sleep before putting everything in place. I took the bags to the extra room on the ground floor. My dad had always insisted to pay the rent, and I was insisting that he shouldn't, but the man wouldn't listen to me.

"Honey, I respect the fact that you would love to feel a sense of responsibility, but please let me pay, at least until you stabilise in your new job. Please let me," he had said. We agreed, but I told him I'd be taking care of the electricity and water bills. I couldn't understand why I even agreed.

That man... That shameless man trying to waltz his way back into my life.

Granny said she was tired, and I told her she could go ahead and have some rest, and that I'd take care of everything else. She hated flights, but she flew here, just so she could be with me.
The place was grey, with highlights of different colours in each room. The living room was simple, but a little bit posh. The floor was smooth and wooden, with a black carpet at the center, which had white crossed lines. On top of it was a round table, with a glass top, and a decorative vase on top of it. My dad had bought us a TV and installed it before we came here. It was a flat screen TV placed on its white TV stand which had white vases on each side of the TV. The room had grey walls, a set of five-seater couches which had white and grey fluffy cushions on them, and two lamp posts stood on each side of the two-seater.

 The room had grey walls, a set of five-seater couches which had white and grey fluffy cushions on them, and two lamp posts stood on each side of the two-seater