A COLLEGE BOY 2/2

34
The song he writes later in this chapter^

A COLLEGE BOY 2/2

We get back, and though I'm still in my dress Leo changed into clothes he's be more comfortable in for a plane, though he's keeping his stained pink shirt crumpled up in his large sweatpants pocket.

"Here..." he says, looking at the ring he took back from me and giving it to me once again.

"Whenever you drive... know I'm there.." he whispers and I swoon.

"god I'm gonna miss you..." I say and he chuckles, biting his lip and pushing my hair back, "You have no idea..." he mumbles, he leans in and hugs me again, "Just take whatever you want that I left in my room whenever. I made sure to leave you notes that you can find over the years." He winks and I smile. Leaning up and kissing his nose.

"I'm never gonna wash my nose now." He sighs and I laugh, taking a step back and smiling at him as I let Lucio step towards him.

"Look... I know you're angry at me and your mom-" Lucio starts but Leo grabs him tightly in a hug, "No. I want to thank you, you both were so kind to me and loving and made me not suspect and thing even though neither of you are blonde!" He jokes and his dad laughs.

"Thank you. I love y'all." Leo says and he dad lays his back, "I never imagined that when watching you grow up I'd see you become such an amazing man, Jace." His dad says and also smiles sadly, "I could do better for sure, but I know basic decency from you." Leo jokes and his dad shakes his head, grabbing onto him and hugging him one last time.

"Now that you're leaving I don't want you to go..." He sniffs and Leo sighs, "Yea... I wish I didn't have to but it's just such a good opportunity..." Leo says and his dad nods, "You'll he successful I know it."

"Thank you." He says before wale sing to his moms fragile little body.

"Oh god, Jace." Jemma says, wiping away her tears as she wraps her arms around him.

"I can't believe how amazing you are, son." She says and he smiles at her, "Same with your cooking skills." He says and she giggles, my mom grabs his shoulder. She kisses his cheek and sighs, "I watched you since you were eight and must I say, niiiice." My mom says and Leo smiles genuinely, high-fiving her as my mom actually says her thoughts.

"I'll miss you, Jace.." she says and he smiles.

Finally, Rose. Tears are in her eyes and her makeup is running down, thankful that the party is over. He looks at her. She looks at him.

And she runs into his arms.

He holds onto her and sticks his head into the crook of her neck, picking her up and holding her close. "I love you, Rosie. I'm sorry for all of the stupid times I didn't show it."

"I'm so sorry..." she cries and he holds on tighter. "Don't be. I took good enough care of you that you're not dead, and you did the same for me, so nothing to be sorry about."

She sighs, getting down from his arms and with red puffy eyes, putting her hand up and giving him the sign language sign for I Love You.

He smirks, stepping back and seeing Haze and giving him a lopsided smile. "Sorry man, just gotta be protective over my girls." He says and Haze nods, "I get that more than ever now."

"Take good care of them." Leo ensures and Haze nods as Leo backs up, and again he sees me. He sighs as we stare at each other.

He looks at me, and quickly steps forward, grabs my face, and kisses me. It's aggressive and needy, but sweet and gentle at the same time.