TELL ME JACE

19

TELL ME JACE

I walk downstairs, my body covered by a small romper. It was black and gray, and I put a little seashell bracelet on. I put my hair back with a black headband and put on mascara. I then walk downstairs.

"Thank you Rose!" I say as I pass her in the dining room and help her set the table just like last time. "For what?" She asks with a chuckle as we bring plates outside to the picnic table.

"You let me wear your clothes." I say and she laughs, "Not like you baby many of your own. We should god shopping later! I'll invite Haze too!" She says and I laugh, "Okay... Rose?"

"Yes?"

"Do you like Haze?" I ask her slowly and her eyes go wide, "I like Reed even if I wish I didn't.... but if I could choose I would choose Haze." She says and I smile.

"Then fuck Reed." I chuckle and she laughs.

"Don't you dare fuck my best friend." Leo says, coming downstairs and kissing the side of my head. He's shirtless with a protein bar in his hand as I take a bite of it.

"Rude.." he mumbles sarcastically and I laugh, "Come help you asshole." I say and he shakes his head, "nah."

I whiny my eyes. "I will fuck your best friend if you don't." I warn and he goes stiff, flipping me his middle fingers before grabbing the cutlery and silverware and passing it around evenly.

"I still have to go change, Roxy." He says and Rose and I roll our eyes, "Like you're gonna change out of your black jeans." We say at the same time, high-fiving each other.

"I will. To a different pair of black jeans." He says and I laugh, going into the singing room and grabbing the plate for our food that my mom has to bring.

Lucio has no idea how to cook to say the least.

I look over at Leo and swallow, his abs are on full display and his blonde hair was as soft as ever. His eyes were vibrant and felt as though they were always on me, like I was the only person in the room he could ever see.

He was feisty today and I loved it, I loved talking back and watching him go from taken aback to admiration. I loved him...

I loved him so much it hurt me.

It hurt my body to look at him and think, "how can he love me like this too?"

My heart beat faster and butterflies erupt in my stomach when I see him. All I can think whenever I look or talk to him is either I love him or that he's beautiful. Because he is... he's so beautiful. I wish I could let him into my head so I didn't have to explain how I felt.

That feeling of excitement and just wanting to scream when he reads to me, or when he smiles. Because his smile was infectious, and his smirk was intoxicating.

I place down the plate and hug Leo, whispering in his ear. "You're so beautiful." As he smiles. When I lean back out his face is bright. His blonde hair falls over his face as he ruffles my hair. Whispering as he walks past, "You're beautiful too, baby." His hand slowly slips from my waist as he walks away. It leaves my skin calling out for him as though he were the water to my flame, he made it stop burning, he made me feel good. It didn't burn my skin when he touched me, it left a path, a trail, of pure painkilling, intoxicating touch that made me want to collapse into him.

Have him wrap his arms around me and sleep, talk all night, whatever... as long as I was with him.

"Love you, Rosie!" He calls to his sister as he travels upstairs again. He puts his hands in his pockets and smiles, it's the last picture I see of him before the doorbell rings.