Chapter 5: Lust On A Rouge

Start from the beginning

Gabrielle's jaw dropped at his suggestion but she shrugged it off instead, focusing on how this blonde woman can see her.

"I choose people who can see me. Why can you see me?" Gabrielle asked, her eyes finally on the woman. She stared at her, trying to figure out how she can see her. She felt something off about her.

The woman raised an eyebrow at her, and that's when she noticed the quick shifting of her eyes from all black, and back to normal.

Realization hit Gabrielle.

"Get away from him!" Gabrielle yelled as she charged at the couple. Before she could push the woman aside, she had jumped away from Keonhee. She jumped higher than normal, like there was no gravity, and landed on the ground gracefully.

Gabrielle faced the woman who was now a few feet away from them. Keonhee was behind Gabrielle who was standing with her back facing him. Confusion flooded Keonhee's mind. "Excuse me, what's going on?"

Gabrielle slightly glanced on Keonhee. She almost got him. That snake. That monster. And it was Keonhee of all people. Something crossed her mind, could it be--

"Are you perhaps an angel?" The snake asked. Her thin snake-like tongue, starting to slither in and out of her tongue. Gabrielle's silence confirmed her question. "Who are you?"

Gabrielle walked forward and looked at her with a smile, it wasn't friendly like the ones she showed to the cursed men. It was filled with mockery. "Who do you think slays your fellow friends?" Gabrielle emphasized the last word with disgust, her smile turning into a smirk.

The snake was surprised, knowing the answer to it. Then, her face turned into a look of amusement, her perfect eyebrow raising up. "So you're the famous Gabrielle, I see."

"Oh, I'm famous?" This time, it was her who's amused. "I didn't know that. I guess all your friends talked about me a lot in your stinking dungeon." Gabrielle crossed her arms, her smirk still spread on her face. The snake felt insulted by her words.

"So why are you here?" Gabrielle casually asked, proud at how her words affected the snake.

"I was supposed to have the time of my life when you suddenly came and ruined everything." She spat with venom. Obviously frustrated at how her plans were shattered.

"Did the King already find out about them?" Gabrielle asked, nodding at Keonhee who was looking at them with confusion up until now. If possible, his confusion grew bigger and bigger the moment the angel and the snake exchanged words. Keonhee couldn't understand any of it.

"I don't know anything about that son of a bitch." The snake snapped. Her voice was filled with hatred and that made Gabrielle understand.

"Oh, so you're just a rogue." Gabrielle concluded, relieved. She was one of those Underworld beings that despise even the the King. The King was the type to only give attention to someone who's useful to him.

"I'm not just a rogue. How could you be so relieved?" The snake replied. She didn't like to be simply called as just a rogue. She has pride in her. Annoyance filled the snake until something crossed her mind.

Her eyes started to get filled with wonder, which is fixed with mischief. "Could it be, by any chance, he's a cursed mortal?"

Gabrielle closed her eyes in exasperation. She made the wrong move. Now the snake is aware about who Keonhee really is. That he's not just a normal human.

"Oh my," The snake giggled, and that confirmed Gabrielle's hate for that laugh of hers. "Your silence just screams yes, Gabrielle."

"You're mistaken."