Am I A Bad Person?

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I am so sorry!" Selena gasped, as she chased around to my side. She looked genuinely remorseful as she used her hand to wipe the liquid from my clothes.

"It's okay." I smile a little. "You don't have to—"

"It's not fucking okay, bitch!" Kendra jolted up, slapping Selena so hard across the cheek that she fell against the tiles.

I gaped, looking at her in awe as Riley narrowed her eyes. "What the hell, Kendra?"

There was no need for her reaction. It was obscene and uncalled for.

Monica laughed while her best friend squatted down, gripping a handful of Selena's black hair and tilting her head back. "Bitch. This is our side of the fucking classroom; don't you know that? You knocked over my friend's milk, you fat fool!"

"Kendra! Stop that!" I yelled.

She ignored my statement as she proceeded to shove the girl's head toward the spilled milk on the floor. "There are people around the damn world with nothing to eat, so drink it! Drink it, you fool. You love to eat, don't you? Look how fat and ugly you are, drink it!"

Selena was crying while Kendra tried to press her face-way into the dirty liquid. No-one in the classroom dared to object, they all feared Kendra. But I did not.

"I said stop it!" I stood up and pushed her away. She fell back onto her palms as I helped Selena to stand. She was whimpering as she kept her head down, and my face softened as I sighed heavily.

"I am sorry," I told her. "I accept your apology. It was not your fault, okay? I should not have been drinking now anyway. Lunch already ended three hours ago."

Selena said nothing, she just nodded her head and turned away. Riley glared at Kendra while Jessica kept her head down, not daring to look the bully in the eyes. She knew what it was like being called 'fat' by her. Because of Jessica's broad hips and thighs, she often had to undergo the same harsh words. Guys loved her weight, but Kendra found it ludicrous.

"You should have seen her face." Monica laughed, and two other girls who also hung out with them pitched in their shares of cackles.

I did not find it hilarious and Kendra noticed the disapproval on my face as she smirked deviously, lounging back in her chair. "You're too soft Rain, people will walk over you if you continue being that nice."

"You didn't have to do that to her. That was mean." I said.

"How was it? The milk got spilled and instead of it going to waste, I advised her to drink it. It's only fair, she's the one who spilled it anyway."

I glared at her and she casually shrugged. "Look, I am very loyal. And I hate when people mess with my friends. I consider you as my friend Rainey, so best believe I will fuck up anyone who messes with you. I have your back."

Monica grinned. "And when Kendra says she has your back, she has it."

They smiled at each other before Kendra looks back at me, smirking while snapping the gum in her mouth.

°°Flashback Ends°°

"She was always bluffing about being loyal and stuff like that, she didn't appear like someone who'd betray me. I mean, she would bully other people, but when it came to me, she seemed respectful." I shake my head, tittering bitterly. "Or maybe she wasn't. I was just too blind to see her true colors. I was not prepared for her betrayal; I did not see it coming. I thought she thought of me as a friend. She would tell me how much she's happy that we were all friends." I stare at the bedsheet while Ansel sighs.