Avenging Her

Scooping up my spear, I head back to the cornucopia. While I was focused on getting to Clove, my bag had been snatched, and now I need to get it back. I scrounge around the Cornucopia, hoping to find something, anything that will help me. I see something in the grass and I crouch down to grab it. A sharp pain in my side sends me reeling back into a standing position. In my concern about Clove, I had forgotten the whole reason we needed the bag in the first place.
I reach up and lift my shirt slightly, exposing a wicked looking gash in my skin. An angry wound tears from my rib cage down into my abdomen, forming a crescent-moon shape. Stupid kid, he was dead before his weapon even got me, but it still found it's mark. The curved reaper's blade sank into my body, but didn't get very far before I snatched it out.
I have to get that medicine, otherwise I might never get to enact my vengeance against Clove's killer. Even now, I can see the faint purple lines reaching away from the gash.
I pull the bandage back down over the wound tightly, determined not to let it affect my performance. I reach back down to the glinting object in the dirt, scooping up a deadly-looking blade. Yes, this'll do nicely. If the Capitol wants a show, I'll give them the best bloody show they've ever seen. Let the games begin.

A/N- a short one to get y'all through! Let me know what you think! I'll try to update again soon!