Telling Them

Lolatrix leads us over to the couch. "So? How did it go? Come on!" she exclaims. We sit and Cato starts. "I just went in and picked up a sword, hacking up the dummies. Then I threw a few spears, and slung some large weights. Not much really," he finishes. "Excellent, excellent, now, Clove, what did you do?" Arennia prods. "I did some acrobatic stunts mixed with knife-throwing. The only super special thing about it was the throws. I did a series of flips, throwing one on each upturn. When I finished, I saw that each knife had embedded itself in the hilt of the one before, all centered on the bulls-eye," I say. Lolatrix claps her hands together in delight, "Fantastic, you both will get high scores for sure." Arennia just sits there nodding her head. "Alright, you two go get cleaned up and get some rest. We'll see about the scores later tonight. You're dismissed," Arennia says, and we make our exit.

I climb into the heated shower, enjoying the relief it brings to my sore muscles. I think about what I will say in tomorrow's interview. What should my angle be? Probably just my normal self, witty and sarcastic. That's what I'm good at.

When I get out of the shower, I decide to just put on some super soft sweats. I crawl into bed and sleep for several hours. When I awaken from my dreamless slumber, I make my way out into the main room. "Ahh, good you're here, we were just about to come wake you, the scores are about to be announced. I request a drink from an Avox and make my way over to the couch, plopping down next to Cato.

I curl up in a ball, not fully awake yet. When Ceasar Flickerman, the host with the blue hair, comes on, I perk up. He starts with and Marvel and then Glimmer. Not too special, just average. Then Cato's picture lights up the screen. "Cato! 10!" Lolatrix claps, but no one says anything yet. When my picture pops up, I slide to the edge of my seat, waiting expectantly. "Clove! Also a 10!" "Yes!" I exclaim, jumping up. Cato also jumps up, along with Lolatrix and Arennia. They both start congratulating us and fawning over us, but I pay no attention.

Without thinking, I throw myself into Cato's arms, hugging him tightly. I forget we have an audience, and plant a big kiss on his perfect lips. He kisses me back, holding me close. We are lost somewhere when a cough brings us back to reality. We pull apart, startled and Cato quickly puts me down. The two women watch us, waiting for someone to say something. Cato starts, "Oh, umm, did we forget to mention something? We're engaged," he says hesitantly. We watch them, trying to gauge their reactions. Unexpectedly, Lolatrix bursts out laughing, and Arennia follows soon after. "What's do funny?" I demand. "Oh, that's good, nice trick," Lolatrix says. "We're serious, we've been dating for months, I have proof," I say, pulling the chain from my neck. I had decided that since not all of my outfits had inside pockets, I should just wear it on a chain tucked under my shirt. I slide it off of my neck and off it's chain. I slip the gorgeous ring onto my left hand. Lolatrix gasps, running over and exclaiming her congrats and how pretty it is. Arennia's face is set in a stern expression, clearly not overjoyed by this revelation.

A/N- Another short one! Sorry but at least I'm uploading more frequently! Vote! Special Awards Jawdrop2012!