Chapter 39

San blankly stares as he watches your cab drive away.

"Why are you crying, San?" Hongjoong asks. San didn't even realize that he was crying until Hongjoong told him.

"I-I fucked up, hyung," San whispers, his voice breaking just like his heart. "She knows e-everything and we b-broke up."

"What the fuck are you doing here, then? Go after her!"

San shakes his head. "I-I hurt her too much already."

"San—"

"No, hyung," he whispers, cutting Hongjoong off. "I just want to be alone right now."

"Sannie!" Yubin yells, running towards him and nearly tripping. 

San wipes his tears. "Fuck off, Yubin!" he spits out, startling her.

"Oh, god, I didn't go through so much bullshit for it to turn out this way!" she yells before she suddenly grins. "Anyway, she'll be gone for good now!"

San frowns. "What do you mean?" Yubin smiles wider. "Fuck! What did you do, Yubin?!"

"Oh, nothing," she grins.

"San, I can see Raena's location on snapchat, let's go," Sakura says.

Yubin laughs. "Oh, you'll never find her! Even if you do, she'll be dead!"

"What did you do?!" San yells, taking a few steps closer to her, ready to slap her.

Sakura holds San back and three security guards capture Yubin from behind. "Let me go!" she yells, struggling in their grasp. 

"Hold her tightly, the police are on their way here," Dayeon says to the security while she texted someone. "Hongjoong, San, go after Raena now! Sakura and I will handle this bitch here."

~

When the uber driver started going in the opposite direction from your house, you began to feel uneasy. You checked the uber app and your heart dropped when you realized that the one you booked still hasn't even reached the venue. You glanced out the window, not able to recognise where you were. The roads were completely dark and empty. You immediately sent your live location on the group chat.

You take off your stilettoes to use it as a weapon. "Stop the car!" you yell, holding up one of your stilettoes.

The man chuckles and pulls over after a minute. You realized that the area was surrounded only by trees, but it was still close to the main road. He takes his cap and mask off and you gasp in shock.

"Kim Minhyuk?!"

"Uh huh, surprise, babygirl!" he laughs.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Following orders," he simply says, harshly taking your stiletto from your grasp and throwing it in the leg space of the front passenger seat.

"Whose orders?" you ask, although you knew the answer.

"Cho Yubin," he says in a bored tone. "I couldn't bring myself to kill you before, but she payed me quite well for it this time." Your face became pale. You thought he was just supposed to kidnap you. "You know, it's kinda sad a pretty girl like you will die this way. Hell, who knew I would be the one to kill my ex-girlfriend."

"Why are you doing this?" you whisper.

"I'm just doing whatever she says. This was her fourth attempt to plan out how to kill you. I was supposed to kidnap you, but you entered my car easily." He laughs. "I didn't expect that to work when I pulled over next to you.

While he was talking, you tried to secretly open the car door. Unfortunately, the child locks were on. However, Minhyuk noticed. He laughed and grabbed you harshly by your hair, making you wince in pain. You tried to reach for the other stiletto, but you couldn't reach it. "We planned this out very carefully, so you can't escape!" he says, pushing you against the backseat. "It's gonna look like suicide." He slaps you hard before he takes a handkerchief from his pocket. He places it harshly over your nose, watching you struggle while you inhaled the chloroform. After you became unconscious, he takes a small blade and places the tip against your hand.

"Do I seriously have to carve bitch on her skin and take a picture for Yubin?" Minhyuk mutters under his breath to himself. "Whatever, don't wanna get yelled at." He presses the blade onto your skin, slicing a vertical line for the first letter. "Eww," he murmurs when your blood starts to ooze out. He finishes the first three letters and was just about to slice another line, but bright white lights appeared, surrounding the car.

"Get out of the car!"

The car door opens and one of the policemen grabs Minhyuk by the collar of his shirt, pulling him out. Minhyuk tries to stab the policeman with the blade, but he wasn't fast enough; two other policemen managed to handcuff Minhyuk and another takes your unconscious form out.

"Raena!" San yells as he ran towards you, bawling his eyes out. Sirens from an ambulance could be heard in the distance.

"Sir, we need you to come to the police station with us," one of the policemen say to San.

"No! I'm not leaving her!"

"Sir, we need at least one of you to come down to the station with us to give a statement."

"I'll come," Hongjoong volunteers. "Let him go with her." The policeman nods and takes Hongjoong with him while San went in the ambulance with you.

-

End of Chapter 39.