Chapter 37

"I finally spoke to dad about the whole marriage thing," Hongjoong says to San and Seonghwa.

"Please tell me that your father agreed," Seonghwa says.

Hongjoong smiles. "He did."

San breathed out a sigh of relief. "So you're going to marry Dayeon noona?"

"Yeah," he replies. "Dad wasn't too thrilled, but he really just wants me marry someone who comes from a rich business family."

"So no contract?" Seonghwa questions.

"Nope."

"This is great news, bro!" San says happily.

Hongjoong smiles, but it falters as he thought about something. "I... haven't told her anything about this. I thought of proposing soon, but I don't even know if she'll say yes."

Seonghwa raises an eyebrow. "Why would she say no to you, Hongjoong? You've been together for almost five years and you both are still very much in love."

"I just think it's too early," he says with a sigh. "We're only first year college students."

"That's true," San comments. "Why don't you just get engaged now and then get married later?"

Hongjoong sighs. "Dad wants me to get married as soon as I turn twenty."

San rolls his eyes. "Can you not listen to him for once, hyung?"

"I... I'll see."

~

"God, that hurt," Yewon whines after getting a new tattoo on her hip. "How much money does Bong Jaehyun have to hire a tattooist for a damn party?"

"We should really cut down on partying," Hyunjin says.

"We should," Sihyeon agrees. "But we get invited to everything, and who can say no to free alcohol and food?"

You finish the last sip of your whiskey and coke. "I'm gonna get a refill," you say before heading to the kitchen which was surprisingly empty.

While you refilled your drink, you sensed someone walk into the kitchen.

"Fancy seeing you here," Yubin says with a smile. "I see you still haven't broken up with San."

You chuckle. "I'm not going to."

"Don't make me make him break up with you, Ahn Raena," she says with a scowl on her face.

You laugh. "What makes you think he's gonna do that, huh?"

She was quiet for a few seconds before she took your unfinished drink and poured it on her. She set the cup back on the table and gasped. "Why did you do that Raena?!"

"Excuse me?!"

San enters the room at that moment. "Sannie, Raena just poured her drink all over me!"

You scoff. "Wow, are you fucking five years old?"

"She said that she doesn't like me being around you," Yubin says and starts to fake cry. "She told me to stay away from you."

"What?! San, that isn't even true."

"Raena, seriously?" San had a disappointed look on his face. "I asked you before if you had a problem with her and you said that it was fine."

"You fucking believe her?" you asked, shocked and hurt. "You seriously think that I would do that?!" 

"Enough, Raena! Who would pour a drink on themselves?" San yells sternly before looking at Yubin. "Let's get you cleaned up, yeah?" She nods, wiping her fake tears and leaving with him.

"Wow," you mutter under your breath, leaving the kitchen. You go to the backyard and spot a few people smoking. "Give me a cigarette," you say, and one of the boys give you one. You light it and walk to a nearby bench in the garden, smoking the stick. After that one got over, you went and got another one.

You felt someone sit next to you on the bench. "Stop smoking." You scoff and take another deep drag.

"Fuck off, San."

"I said stop," he takes the cigarette from you and throws it away, crushing it with his shoe. You get up to leave, but he pulls you by the arm, making you fall onto his lap. He wraps his arms tightly around your waist so you wouldn't escape. You struggled to get out of his tight hold. After a minute, you gave up; you were too tired and he was too strong. He kisses your head.

"Why are you here?" you whisper, feeling the tears threatening to spill. "Go back to her since she's so damn important."

San smiles. "Are you jealous?"

You sigh. "I'm not jealous, San, I'm hurt and pissed off."

"Listen, Raena, you know it was really childish of you to pour your drink on her."

"I didn't fucking pour it!" you half-yell. "God, why don't you believe me?"

San takes a deep breath. "Okay, I'm sorry. Let's not fight, yeah?"

"No, San, I'm just so tired of this shit!"

"What do you mean?"

"Just leave me alone!" you yell, getting out of San's hold before making your way back inside.

~

End of Chapter 37.