Chapter 6

As soon as you and San got into his car, he immediately turned on the heater since it was pretty cold outside. His car smelled amazing, filled with his scent that you got a whiff of a few times when he walked past you. You gave him your address and he began driving after playing a song—Baby Don't Stop by NCT U.

You and San didn't talk much cause the drive was only four minutes long.
"See you tomorrow, partner," he says, stopping in front of your apartment building.

When you got home and unlocked the door with the passcode, you were met with the sight of your cousin making out with a guy on the couch. You didn't care 'cause you were so used to seeing your friends make out in front of you back in Singapore. However, your cousin pulled away, startled by the sound of your footsteps on the wooden floor.

"Oh! Raena, come here," Sakura says a little breathlessly. You walk over to her and glance at the black haired guy she was making out with. "This is my boyfriend, Park Seonghwa. Hwa, this is my cousin, Raena."

Well, damn. Sakura wasn't kidding when she said he was ‘really, really hot.’

You bow politely. "I'm Ahn Raena. It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise," Seonghwa says with a smile.

"Raena, you didn't tell me that you would be coming home late today," Sakura says. You were getting motherly vibes from her.

"I'm sorry, I was working on an assignment in the library."

"How did you get home in this rain?"

"My classmate, San, dropped me," you answer.

"San?" Seonghwa raises an eyebrow. "You mean, Choi San?"

You nod. "Yeah, how do you know him?"

"He's Hongjoong's brother and we live in the same apartment complex."

"Brother? If I'm not wrong, isn't Hongjoong's surname 'Kim'?" you ask. You remember Dayeon saying 'Kim.'

"They're step-brothers," Seonghwa answers. "They have the same mom."

"Oh," you mumble.

The doorbell rang and you answered it, surprised to see none other than San there. How did he know which apartment you stayed in? As if he read your mind, he answers, "I asked the security for your apartment number. You left your phone in my car," he hands you your phone, earning a polite ‘thank you so much’ from you.

"Raena, who's at the door? Oh, Sannie!" Sakura says. "Come inside! Seonghwa is here too."

"Thanks for coming here, bro," Seonghwa says with a chuckle. "I needed a ride back home cause Hongjoong is busy."

San's cold expression immediately melts into a grin. "Nah, take an uber," he teases as he got comfortable on the couch.

"Hi, Sannie!" Dayeon greets, coming out of her room.

"Hi, noona!"

"We made some plans."

"What plans?" San questions.

"We're going clubbing tomorrow," Dayeon squeals like a child. "Raena, you up for it?"

"I'm clubbing at Octagon tomorrow, actually," you say. You absolutely loved clubbing. You remember the thrill of clubbing underage just cause your friends knew the bouncer. Now that you were an eighteen year old adult, it felt like a whole new experience.

"We're going there as well," Seonghwa says. "It's our usual clubbing place."

"Yeah, cause Club Octagon's the best," Sakura states matter-of-factly.

"Since when has clubbing been your scene, Raena?" San asks, raising an eyebrow. Does he still think you're a goody two-shoes?

"Two years now," you reply, shocking both him and Dayeon.

"Wow, Singapore really changed you, huh?" Dayeon chuckles.

"Oh, that reminds me," Sakura started, "Raena, Chunyang tried to facetime a while ago. Your iPad was ringing."

Your face lit up instantly and that didn't go unnoticed by a very curious San. "Who's Chunyang?" San asks, suddenly very interested. "I haven't heard of him in school."

"Raena's ex-boyfriend, right?" Dayeon says, making you nod.

"We were in the same school in Singapore," you say, "He's in Seoul right now, for a week. His cousin is getting married."

"I assume you're clubbing with him tomorrow night?" Sakura raises an eyebrow. She knew you and Chunyang ended on good terms a while ago—you had to break up cause you both didn't want a long distance relationship. You never really fell in love with Chunyang because of your past relationship with Kim Minhyuk.

Minhyuk was your first love and you dated in eight grade. However, you were just a toy for him. He dated you because of a bet and broke up after nearly nine months of being together.

Now, that wasn't the worst part of it.

The worst part was that he broke up with you in the cafeteria, in front of your entire grade. He even admitted that he was just playing around with you for months, making the students watching the scene laugh harder.

After that, you could never fall in love again. 

-

End of Chapter 6.