3.4

Three days have passed since Hedith last heard of Mal. It was also three days since she told Mal and Ben about her mission in Auradon, but in those three days, she had not wasted any time. She and Mavros went around Auradon, looking for clues of the perpetrator. She had visited cemetaries and orbitrary to keep list of the people that died but was not delivered in the Underworld.

She also sent a message to her father through Hermes about the meeting with Mal and her current findings. And she expects a reply in a week.

"This doesn't make sense. How could someone steal souls?" Hedith muttered as she sits on a bench by the Auradon lakeside. Mavros lays his heads on her lap and whined, "There has to be something that I'm missing."

She took her phone from her bag and scanned through the photos and documents she have. There has to be someone who can help her. Someone who had an experience working with the undead. Someone who had a history of soul manipulation. Someone who was formerly a villain.

"Dr Facilier!" She exclaimed and smiled, "He was a voodoo master! He could know a thing or two about stealing souls! Come on! Let's go meet Celia."

Hedith and Mavros sprinted towards Evie's company and practically ordered the receptionist to call Celia. It wasn't long before she sent someone to esvort her to Celia's floor and office.

"Hedith? What's up?" Celia asked, looking up from her laptop.

"Do you know where your dad is?" Hedith asked, confusing Celia for a little.

"Umm..he's in the Isle. He's managing his Voodoo Arcade. Why?"

"I'm here investigating a Soul Snatcher and I need to have a talk with him," Celia didn't like the way Hedith phrased it.

"Uhh... my daddy isn't doing dirty jobs anymore. He's working with clean hands nowadays. Heck, he lost contact of his friends from the other side so don't go suspecting my daddy of being a soul snatcher," Celia said, pointing at Hedith with an accusing eye. Hedith didn't bear ill-feelings for her reaction. She would've reacted the same way if someone had also said a similar thing towards her father or Mal or Persephone.

"I know, Celia. I just have a couple of questions to ask. Maybe he knows how a soul can be stolen without the god of drafh detecting it," Hedith cleared off the misunderstanding and Celia straightened up.

"Oh sorry."

"It's alright."

"Well, I can contact him in advance. You can use any transpo to the Isle and meet him in the arcade."

"That's peefect! Thanks, Celia!" Hedith cheered, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"No prob. Anything for my best gal."

---

Hedith stepped out of the bus to the Isle together with Mavro. As the bus drives over to the terminal, she looks around, taking in the nostalgic ambiance of the whole island facade.

"It had been a while since I was here," Hedith sighed, "I wonder how much it had changed."

Mavro wags his tail and nudged both his heads against his master. She smiled fondly at the hellhound before patting each heads.

She took a deep breath and walked towards the familiar path towards the Voodoo Arcade. She noted that the Isle's entire ambiance changed. Lesser dark and lesser depressing. Very different from the Isle that she grew up with. The streets are clean from garbages and all the houses have been renovated.

"Hey guys!"

"Isn't that.. Hedith?"

"Looks like her."