1.5

"Auradon is pink but Sleeping Beauty's daughter is the Queen of Pink," Hedith commented as she sits by the windowsill of Audrey's bedroom. Uma's on the bed, reading Audrey's diary and Celia's on the vanity doing who knows what.

After the Night Falls incident and Evie's poor attempt to break the ice between the two groups of VKs, Mal — the oh so wonderful — decided to find clues of Audrey's whereabouts in her dorm room. That's the girls' task. Meanwhile, the boys are out to find Ben in the forest.

Hedith have to admit. Ben is a looker. But as much as Hedith standards go, Ben is way too plain for her liking. He's the stereotype Prince and Hedith had enough of that already. His father may be the king who was turned into a beast for majority of his life but Ben is just too...how would Hedith phrase it? Ben is just too goody goody. Hedith would like someone with a sense of action, sense of danger and a sense of defiance. The bad boy. But she kinda also like the cute type. She does like being the stand-out. Well, Ben is her sister's man so why does she care of what type he is?

It's not like she'll be there in their wedding, crying in joy for her sister's oh sweet, happily ever after.

Mal and Evie returned with news that Audrey's nowhere to be found, "She should just create her own kingdom and name it Pink, you know?"

"Who?" Evie asked, eyebrows creasing together.

"Big bad Audrey. You know, since she could be the Queen of Pink with all these pink in her room," she said, lifting a pillow, "See?"

Everyone in the room looked at her for a moment before Uma agreed and got scolded by Evie.

"Well, I got her diary," Uma pointed out, gesturing to the book on her hand, "Hedith and I read it. And man, you really ruined her life."

"It's her second nature," Hedith added, looking into the drawers, only to get scolded by Mal and Evie.

"Okay! How do I look?" Celia then interjected now it's her time to get scolded by Evie.

Man, Evie sure does love scolding people. And months back she was that girl whose all face and no brains. Just how much does Auradon change people?

"Can we please just put back everything that we got in Audrey's room?" Evie asked, earning an eye roll from the three but did so, nonetheless, "Thank you."

"Hedith?" Mal called and Hedith looked at her with eyebrows raised. Mal can see that she takes after their dad more than their mom which is quite obvious why, "Can we talk for a moment? In private?"

Hedith was quite surprised by this and was frozen in place. Why would she freeze like that? Maybe because she was not expecting Mal to initiate. Hell, even Hedith wouldn't initiate to have a conversation between them. She isn't ecstatic or something, but her heart is racing. Since when was she nervous? Her? The heiress of the Underworld be nervous?

"Whoa! What are you talking to her about?" Uma said, now standing between Mal and Hedith protectively. Hedith looked at Uma with wide eyes and she tried to suppress her expression so that Mal and Evie wouldn't notice it.

"Please Uma, I just need a word with Hedith," Mal reasoned out.

"No! Whatever you are going to tell Hedith, you can tell me too. I'm like her big sister!" Mal was taken aback by that and peeled through Uma's shoulder to see Hedith looking away from her. Purposely trying to not look at her in the eyes. Mal then look at Evie, asking for help.

"Uma, we promise you that nothing bad will happen to Hedith," Evie said with a gentle voice and turned to Hedith, "Hedith?"

Hedith glared at Evie but the daughter of the Evil Queen just smiled at her with kindness. Among the four original VKs, Evie may be the sweetest and even back in the Isle, Hedith can't remember a time that Evie was truly mean to her. So, with a small part of her, she gave in.