(37) The New Guardian

As Jamie’s friends laughed at the sight before them, he twirled around as he saw the Dolphins out of sand swim around him in the air. Just as Jamie was about to touch them, a snowball hit him on the back of his shoulder. Jamie looked, only to see Jack grinning as he tossed a snow ball in his hands.

      Laughing, Jamie made a snowball and threw one at Monty. The kids laughed as he tumbled back, and soon they went into a snowball fight as Sophie jumped up, cheering. Even the Apprentices joined the fun, Toothless and Angus prancing around like puppies as they rolled in the snow. Jack saw Baby Tooth trying to carry a snowball as Pascal ran after her, fluttering in the air. Hiccup yelped as Merida threw a snowball at him, barely dodging as Jamie and Sophie laughed, Jack laughing as well.

      North looked at Jack, “And, your center?”

      “Well,” said Jack, “It took a while, but I figured it out.”

      Nodding with approval as he smiled, North tossed something to Jack. Jack caught it, and chuckled as he saw what North had tossed.

      It was the small doll which came out from the nesting doll at North’s workshop, but instead it was Jack painted on the wooden object. Jack grinned as he looked at North, North chuckling as he winked. That’s when a snowball came out of nowhere and hit North in the back of the head. Turning, he saw Claude and Caleb looking nervous as they pointed at the elf that stood between them, holding a small snowball.

      North laughed as he joked, “Haha! You’re all on naughty list!” he then made a snowball and looked over at Bunnymund, “Bunny! Think fast!”

      Bunnymund turned only to be hit in the face with a snowball, falling on the ground as Toothiana and Merida tried hard not to laugh. Rapunzel then threw a snowball at Merida, who got hit as she then burst into laughter. Soon everyone got into the snowball fight, all except for one.

      When Pitch final came around, he held his head as he stood up, noticing the others having the snowball fight.

      “No,” mumbled Pitch, anger rising inside of him. He growled at the children, “You dare have fun in my presence?! I am the Boogeyman!”

      Just as Jack threw a snowball, he and Hiccup glanced up as Pitch yelled furiously, lunging at Jamie as he tried to grab him, “And you will fear me!”

      However, Jamie just laughed as he ran straight threw Pitch, Pitch gasping as the boy fazed through him. “No!” A startled expression spread across Pitch’s face as he touched his chest, surprised as he could no longer touch the child. The Guardians and Apprentices gathered as they watched Pitch’s confusion, Jack not saying a word as the last believers of his old Mentor no longer believed in the Boogeyman.

      Fear threatening to reach to Pitch’s heart, he ran like crazy as he headed for the frozen pond which Jack arose from. As soon as Pitch looked up though, he found himself smacked against North’s stomach as Pitch fell to the frozen ice.

      “Leaving the party so soon?” asked North, Jack and the four other Guardians with him. Toothiana flew in front of him, “You didn’t even say goodbye.”

      She tossed him a piece of metal, Pitch catching it as he frowned in confusion. “A quarter?”

      He looked up just in time to see Toothiana punching him in the jaw, Pitch yelping as a tooth flew out of his mouth and landed on the ice.

      “And that’s for my fairies,” Toothiana said as she shook the hand she used to punch, her mini fairies as well as Baby Tooth chirping some very rude things to Pitch. Pitch glanced at her, then at Jack as his anger rose.